Rodriguez to file for free agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodriguez to file for free agency

According to ESPN.com, Fransisco Rodriguez is looking to file for free agency after the season ends

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3487301
    Originally posted by bhss89
    "Hi. My name is John. I'd like you to meet my fastball. Can you catch up to it?
    Didn't think so. I'll see you again tomorrow night around the top of the ninth."
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
    Why can't they just air the doubleheaders? Those programs aimed at children are crap anyway.

No surprise there. Can't blame either side here. The Angels made a respectable offer but K-Rod can probably get more elsewhere.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I donĀ“t see manny teams without closer for the next season able to pay what he wants, which until I know is the same money that earns Mo Rivera ($15 millions per season).
      In fact, out of the incredible number of opportunities cortesy of his now hated team, his others numbers (K/9, BB/9, Hits/9, BS) are not better than those from other closers in the mlb.
      At the end probably he will be signing with... the Angels and by more or less the offer they shows him early this season.
      You have to suffer a revolution to know what are you talking about.

Comment

i would like the angels to keep him, but Im not a huge fan of K-Rod.

Comment

He'll be a Yankee next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post
            well, the yanks do throw insane amounts of $$$ at players, but I would put my money on him staying an Angel.

Comment

No he won't. They have Rivera to close games. They aren't going to pay $15 million+ a year for a set up man.

Comment

Originally posted by slugger33 View Post
                No he won't. They have Rivera to close games. They aren't going to pay $15 million+ a year for a set up man.
                Isn't Rivera a free agent after this year? If he is, it makes perfect sense for them to go after Rodriguez.

Comment

Isn't Rivera a free agent after this year? If he is, it makes perfect sense for them to go after Rodriguez.
                  No, Rivera got a three-year extension in the off-season for $45 million smackers.
                  "It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"I played the game long enough to know, and it is impossible for players - I don't care who they are - to hit 70 home runs. It just does not happen." - Hank Aaron

Comment

I'm not a huge K-Rod fan either. If $15 million a year is what it takes to keep him then I'd just assume let him go. That money can be better spent elsewhere.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X