• Show
Clear All

• Teixeira an Angel

Congrats!

Mark Teixeira is now an Angel.

Saunders, Angels welcome Teixeira
    Los Angeles (66-40) at Boston (61-47), Wednesday, 4:05 p.m. PT
    By Lyle Spencer / MLB.com

BOSTON -- Joe Saunders thought he was headed to Texas with Casey Kotchman last summer -- in exchange for Mark Teixeira. The year before, Saunders heard that he was close to moving to Boston with Kotchman -- for Manny Ramirez.
    When he takes the mound in the series finale against Boston ace Josh Beckett, looking to give the Angels their second consecutive series sweep of the reigning World Series champions, Saunders will have a new first baseman off his left shoulder.

Teixeira is expected to be at Fenway Park in time to take his place at first base and in the No. 3 spot in the lineup between Maicer Izturis and Vladimir Guerrero.

"There's always a sense of disappointment when a teammate leaves," Saunders said of Kotchman, shipped to Atlanta along with pitching prospect Steve Marek on Tuesday in exchange for Teixeira. "We're going to miss Kotch. He's a good player. I hope he's happy there and does a great job for that team.

"We were in a couple of packages together, me and Kotch, so we had a lot to talk about. It was me and him for Teixeira, me and him for Manny a couple years ago. It's crazy how things work out sometimes."

Things have worked out amazingly well this season for Saunders, who has emerged as one of the American League's most dependable starters, an All-Star for the first time in his first season as a full-time member of manager Mike Scioscia's rotation.

Seeking his 14th win, Saunders will have a tough act to follow in the afterglow of John Lackey's near no-hit effort. Lackey was two outs away from making it happen when Dustin Pedroia singled and Kevin Youkilis homered.

"I told the guys to go get some rest," Saunders said, grinning.

Lyle Spencer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
    -MLB.com
    Join Pigskin Fever Today and tell 'em packersfan reffered you when you register!

Please read the Baseball Fever Policy and Fourm FAQ before posting.

This is the team to beat, IMO.
    HE DROPPED THE BALL! HE DROPPED THE BALL!
    http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5026043

Damon's Double Steal
    http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?c...pic_id=7223232

Comment

I think this deal has to make the Angels the team to beat. The best record in baseball prior to the deal. They addresses their biggest weekness (hitting) with a player the caliber of Teixeira. This is now a very dangerous team.

Comment

i agree. This just made an already dangerous angels team down right deadly.

they have excellent pitching (which has surprised me this season)
        we should have better hitting now
        an excellent bullpen
        and awesome fielding (especially the infield)

cant wait for the playoffs.

Comment

World Series or bust!!!
          Angel Fan in BoSUCKS Nation

Comment

Originally posted by maineangelfan View Post
            World Series or bust!!!
            Last week in the thread Guess the Winners ! in Between Innings I predicted the Brewers over the Angels in the World Series. I should change that now!
            Join Pigskin Fever Today and tell 'em packersfan reffered you when you register!

Please read the Baseball Fever Policy and Fourm FAQ before posting.

Comment

Teixeira's First Angel Hit in Anaheim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukh-Ck1w2O8
              SeasonTicketPartner.com ..... Connect with Season Ticket Partners!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X