Clear All

• SoCalSportsFan
    replied
    A Very easy choice...

No competition, Nolan Ryan!

Leave a comment:

• TheBeginningWasTheEnd
    replied
    Right now I'm stuck between Chance and Ryan, I think though that if he spends his entire career with them, Lackey will be that player.

Leave a comment:

• Iron Jaw
    replied
    Originally posted by yamsi12 View Post
    nolan ryan.

any questions?
    I think I'd take Chance in '64 over Ryan in '73. Dean had a tremendous Cy Young season that year - and in those days, the Cy Young was awarded to only one pitcher, so Dean had to compete with the NL as well as AL pitchers (the Cy Young didn't award AL and NL pitchers separately until 1967).

Leave a comment:

• yamsi12
    replied
    nolan ryan.

any questions?

Leave a comment:

• Iron Jaw
    replied
    For one season (1964), Dean Chance would win hands down. Dean was amazing that season, winning the Cy Young Award. But, they shipped him to Minnesota in 1967 for Don Mincher. Dean won 20 and 16 for the Twins, but threw his arm out in 1969 and was never the same again.

Leave a comment:

• Calif_Eagle
    replied
    Originally posted by RockyC View Post
    Nolan Ryan is my pick. On the list, I'd put Dean Chance instead of Clyde Wright.

Leave a comment:

• hellborn
    replied
    I went with Finley...Lackey will be a contender with a few more good years.
    I didn't realize that Tanana outpitched Ryan from '75 on...Nolan was better in '74, when Frank was only 20 years old.

Leave a comment:

• nl1899fan
    replied
    Ryan all the way. For him to pitch as well as he did for those woeful hitting Angel teams of his time is quite amazing. A little more hitting and he would have had a better winning percentage.

Leave a comment:

• RockyC
    replied
    OhioBoy, it is your own poll after all.
    It is a nice list; good job.
    Last edited by RockyC; 08-06-2008, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alltime#1pilotsfan
    replied
    Nolan Ryan for sure!

Leave a comment:

• OhioBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by RockyC View Post
    Nolan Ryan is my pick. On the list, I'd put Dean Chance instead of Clyde Wright.
    Was also considering Kirk McCaskill and Jarrod Washburn for slots on the list. It was tough to narrow it down to 10.

Leave a comment:

• OhioBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Westlake View Post
    Chuck Finley was the easy choice for me.

He had 3 seasons as an Angel that was as good/better than Ryan's best season in an Angels uniform. Pitched 6 more years that Ryan and gave the Angels a lot more production than Ryan did.
    According to ERA+ that could very well be so. Finley's three best seasons were 158, 148, & 143 compared to Ryan's best being 141. Finley's winning % was .541 to Ryan's .533. Ryan was more dominating, Finley was the better "pitcher" while with the Angels

Leave a comment:

• OhioBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
    I say Nolan Ryan but watch out for K-Rod in a few years!
    If only K-Rod would remain with the Angels. I have a feeling this may be his last season with the Angels.

Leave a comment:

• Westlake
    replied
    Chuck Finley was the easy choice for me.

He had 3 seasons as an Angel that was as good/better than Ryan's best season in an Angels uniform. Pitched 6 more years that Ryan and gave the Angels a lot more production than Ryan did.

Leave a comment:

• Francoeurstein
    replied
    I say Nolan Ryan but watch out for K-Rod in a few years!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X