Rally Monkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rally Monkey

Probably a silly question but what happened to the Rally Monkey. He is needed right now in bottom 9th.
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

The ape is no match for Papelbon. He was there and he did his best, but Papelbon gave him that cobra-glare of his, and he scampered off behind the scoreboard.

For the record, if I was in your shoes I'd probably be going berzerk right now. I know how it feels to know you have a good team and still watch it fall again and again to a team you should match up OK against. I genuinely feel for Angels fans. Not enough to not want to grind the entire Anaheim none into a fine powder while they're playing my team, but I do know what you're going through too.

If it makes you feel any better, the Yankees fans feel about the same way about the Angels as you feel about the Sox.

Here's to a good knock down, drag out Game 2. No punches pulled, no holds barred, may the best team win.
    Last edited by Imgran; 10-02-2008, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgran View Post
      The ape is no match for Papelbon. He was there and he did his best, but Papelbon gave him that cobra-glare of his, and he scampered off behind the scoreboard.

For the record, if I was in your shoes I'd probably be going berzerk right now. I know how it feels to know you have a good team and still watch it fall again and again to a team you should match up OK against. I genuinely feel for Angels fans. Not enough to not want to grind the entire Anaheim none into a fine powder while they're playing my team, but I do know what you're going through too.

If it makes you feel any better, the Yankees fans feel about the same way about the Angels as you feel about the Sox.

Here's to a good knock down, drag out Game 2. No punches pulled, no holds barred, may the best team win.
      Huh???? I am not sure what you are trying to say? My question, directed at the Angels fans, related to the Rally Monkey, which was so prominent in the WS against the Giants.

As for how I feel about the Red Sox, they are my favourite AL team and I was rootin' for them last night, even though I do also have a soft spot for the Angels. I was hoping these 2 teams would meet in the ALCS not the ALDS, and I hope one of them reaches the WS...against the Dodgers of course.

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

The ape was there on the screen. It just didn't get much play when it was Papelbon facing the bottom of the Angels' order.

Bit of a difference between Papelbon and Felix Rodriguez, after all.
        Last edited by Imgran; 10-03-2008, 04:58 AM.

Comment

I still cannot see any monkeys, just those noisy slapsticks and a couple of red towels! But the fans are really trying to rally the team!

Comment

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
            I still cannot see any monkeys, just those noisy slapsticks and a couple of red towels! But the fans are really trying to rally the team!
            If you were watching in the 7th inning the feed from TBS(not sure what the feed is that they send your way) they showed a good 30 seconds of the Rally Monkey on screen so he's there hopping around...
            Best posts ever:
            Originally posted by nymdan
            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Papelbon killed the ape with a 98 MPH fastball.

Dang the Angels are a pesky, pesky team though. Real hard to put away and keep them put away.

Comment

Originally posted by efin98 View Post
                If you were watching in the 7th inning the feed from TBS(not sure what the feed is that they send your way) they showed a good 30 seconds of the Rally Monkey on screen so he's there hopping around...
                Yep, finally caught the ol' ape. Not many monkeys in the crowd though....seems those slapsticks have almost made him redundant!! Gunna be hard for the Angels to come back from here, although the Red Sox know what comebacks are all about so they won't even think of easing up any!

By the way we get the tbs feed of the games on FOX 3. I am so glad it is not on ESPN.

Comment

Yep, finally caught the ol' ape. Not many monkeys in the crowd though....seems those slapsticks have almost made him redundant!! Gunna be hard for the Angels to come back from here, although the Red Sox know what comebacks are all about so they won't even think of easing up any!

By the way we get the tbs feed of the games on FOX 3. I am so glad it is not on ESPN.
                  It ain't over til it's over. The Angels showed something last night. Don't pack those bags for Tampa just yet, Red Sox fans.

Comment

Ehh, Boston lost that game more than the Angels won it, and I think both sides know it. Definitely didn't want to give the Angels ANY momentum though, since a short series can go very wrong very quickly, as the Red Sox themselves know only too well having come back from 0-2 ALDS deficits twice in the last decade.

Pressure's on Boston not to have to go back to Anaheim. Lester's gotta finish it here. Matchup favors him though, since Lackey has gotten bit many times in the past by the Fenway bug.

Comment

Series over.....unfortunately for the Angels no amount of Monkeys or slapsticks were able to pull them thru h They simply made too many mistakes.

Comment

Series over.....unfortunately for the Angels no amount of Monkeys or slapsticks were able to pull them thru h They simply made too many mistakes.
                        Bad karma ever since they tried to pass themselves off as a team from L.A.
                        No one can make you
                        Do what they want to
                        You know you're stronger
                        Than the lies
                        That they tell you

Comment

I hate the rally monkey.

it reminds me of the monkey in the movie "outbreak"

it needs to go away.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse