No announcement yet.

Garrett Anderson : '09 Option Declined.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett Anderson : '09 Option Declined.

I 'm a Phillies fan and a National League guy, but I noticed today that the Angels announced that they were not picking up the 2009 option for Garrett Anderson. He's second or third in Angels history in home runs, but is # 1 in most other offensive categories. With 2013 games played as an Angel, he's number one in service in Angels' history as well.
    Will this move mean an end to a lenghty association between the Angels and Anderson, or will the team attempt to bring him back for a less lucrative contract?

Following Situation From Afar In Philly 'Burbs
    -philliesfiend55-

they bought out his contract for 3 million and are supposedly goig to try and resign him for less than the 14 million they would have had to have paid them if they picked up his option.

Good move on the angels part to free up $$$ for the signing of Teixeira, who should be their number one priority in the off season. I have a feeling Anderson will sign for less with the halos for next season. He has said he wants to retire as an angel. I hope he does.

Comment

a One-

Not many players have the priviledge of spending an entire career with one franchise. If he doesn't try to play too many more years, Anderson should finish his career as one of these rare one-franchise players.

(Title Should BE: A One-Franchise Guy)

Comment

Yea, 14 million for this guy would have been crazy. Pay him the 3 million now and he will probably resign for 4-6 million.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X