Angels sign Brian Fuentes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels sign Brian Fuentes

The Angels, as expected, signed free-agent closer Brian Fuentes today to a two-year 17.5-million contract with a club option for the 2011 season that could bring the total to $26.5 million.

The left-hander will make $8.5 million next season and $9 million in 2010. A $9-million club option for 2011 vests if Fuentes finishes 55 games in 2010.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,1511742.story

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
    The Angels, as expected, signed free-agent closer Brian Fuentes today to a two-year 17.5-million contract with a club option for the 2011 season that could bring the total to $26.5 million.

The left-hander will make $8.5 million next season and $9 million in 2010. A $9-million club option for 2011 vests if Fuentes finishes 55 games in 2010.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,1511742.story
    That's all good and well for both parties, but when I heard the Mets were talking to him, or that the Mets had some interest in him, I was kinda hoping he would come to New York. My reasons are personal, and they go something like this...

The home run that the card commemorates? Fuentes was the pitcher who gave it up, so it would have been way cool to have both guys on the team at the same time.

How does that make it personal?

The actual ball Fuentes pitched to Easley?

Easley hit it over the fence into the picnic bleachers at Shea... where it bounced off the seats... and landed in my upraised hand. :applaud:
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

That's pretty cool Gary. I caught a HR ball hit by Carlos Pena back when he was with the A's. That sort of thing doesn't happen often!

I was happy to hear about the signing. The A's & Matt Holliday should feast off him when has his annual meltdown. The Angels overpaid for a guy that will land on the DL by July.
      WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Someone is upset they don't have a closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludeboy View Post
          Not me. The A's have a closer and are actually BETTER since unloading Street.
          WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

This was a good signing. I think he will turn out better then K Rod going forward and cheaper too. Which i guess is why they didnt sign K Rod in the first place.....

G Rizzle

Comment

funny thing about the angels signing fuentes, I talked to Arte Moreno before he boarded his Falcon 2000 at my work in santa monica and after he signed my angels hat he told me they just had signed fuentes not more than an hour ago.

Sort of cool I knew it before ESPN, etc did and got it from the mouth of the teams owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludeboy View Post
                We've got 2 :P and both are getting paid WAY less. Too bad Devine is on the DL.

Closers are overrated anyways... K-rod blew 7 saves and is still hailed as a god

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X