Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels sign Bobby Abreau on 1 year deal

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...2008&fext=.jsp
    I think this was a pretty good move, the Angels need a bit more power on the team.

Ok, but they're back to having 5 outfielders. Is one going to play 1B, or are they gonna rotate?

Comment

I like it! Past his prime but still an excellent player and at $5 million for one year it's a huge bargain. I can see him spliting time in left and right while doing some DHing.
      My dream ballpark dimensions
      LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
      RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
      Location....San Diego

Comment

Good move for LAA. I think Abreu becomes the starting right fielder. Juan Rivera goes on the blocks, maybe package him with a prospect for a #5 starter.

Comment

Originally posted by gwynnfan View Post
          Good move for LAA. I think Abreu becomes the starting right fielder. Juan Rivera goes on the blocks, maybe package him with a prospect for a #5 starter.
          Abreu will probably DH, I can't see Matthews starting over Rivera.

Comment

He probably has one of the most misspelled names, too. Even the title of this post has it spelled "Abreau". People spell it like that all the time. Drives me crazy.

Comment

You can't complain about the price unless you are Abreu. He might need a late inning defensive caddy though.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X