what is going on with the farm system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is going on with the farm system

i was looking at the farm system and was under the opinion that the angles have some prime pospects, but maybe i am not so sure anymore.

Dallas who once hit 40 homers in the minors and was considered mlbs top prospect is not even batting 250 in triple aaa.

Wood a ss who hit 40 homers last year in the minors is still playing in triple aa.

Kendre moralis cant field.

current young guys that are up.
    casey cotchman still strugling
    ervin santana showing some promise

Are the angels having problems developing players past aa or will these once blue chip pospects live up to the hype of past years???

Originally posted by ricky151
    i was looking at the farm system and was under the opinion that the angles have some prime pospects, but maybe i am not so sure anymore.

Dallas who once hit 40 homers in the minors and was considered mlbs top prospect is not even batting 250 in triple aaa.

Wood a ss who hit 40 homers last year in the minors is still playing in triple aa.

Kendre moralis cant field.

current young guys that are up.
    casey cotchman still strugling
    ervin santana showing some promise

Are the angels having problems developing players past aa or will these once blue chip pospects live up to the hype of past years???
    The phenoms ain't phenominatin' ....... yet.

Comment

you can not expect rokkies to go out there and hit 3.00 and drill 40 hr. it sounds good but it dosent happen like that. give these guys a chance. it is still early in the season i know we have been stinkinf it up but so has the rest of the division. so right now is not the time to worrie about new players you all can start worring next in july.

Comment

Originally posted by myballs
        you can not expect rokkies to go out there and hit 3.00 and drill 40 hr. it sounds good but it dosent happen like that. give these guys a chance. it is still early in the season i know we have been stinkinf it up but so has the rest of the division. so right now is not the time to worrie about new players you all can start worring next in july.
        The Angels have to see what they've got in the minor leagues and go with the ones that produce, because otherwise they'll get old in a hurry and have a major rebuilding job on their hands. Now it's a relatively minor rebuilding job, still only a few games out of first despite trying out all of these players and having Colon injured. They're doing the right thing and it's going to pay off when the A.L. West gets a lot tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by myballs

When they come up and hit what 067 then you start worrying
          Angels 2002 World Champions 1979 1982 1986 2004 2005 AL West Champs

Southern California is covered in Red now

5 Straight Series Win:gt :gt

The saviors
          Jered Weaver 3-0 with a 1.86 ERA and a Sub 1 WHIP with 17K to 3Walk ratio
          Kendry Morales 279 AVG 3 HR'S 11 RBI
          Mike Napoli 323 AVG 4HR'S 11 RBI

Comment

Why not give B.Wood a chance they have given every else 1
            Angels 2002 World Champions 1979 1982 1986 2004 2005 AL West Champs

Southern California is covered in Red now

5 Straight Series Win:gt :gt

The saviors
            Jered Weaver 3-0 with a 1.86 ERA and a Sub 1 WHIP with 17K to 3Walk ratio
            Kendry Morales 279 AVG 3 HR'S 11 RBI
            Mike Napoli 323 AVG 4HR'S 11 RBI

Comment

As frustrating as it's been I think you have to look at the positive. Morales, Weaver, Murphy, and Napoli have all been good enough to stick, the other guys need time. This is why the Angels organizations have been so highly rated the last several years.

Doesn't it make you feel good to know that there is a whole infield of guys waiting to play in the minors right now? This team is continuing to head in the right direction and patience is exactly what the Angels need to show.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X