Fire Bill Stoneman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Bill Stoneman

This is sickening how the Angels have fallen and only one man is to blame Stonehead.
    Angels 2002 World Champions 1979 1982 1986 2004 2005 AL West Champs

Southern California is covered in Red now

5 Straight Series Win:gt :gt

The saviors
    Jered Weaver 3-0 with a 1.86 ERA and a Sub 1 WHIP with 17K to 3Walk ratio
    Kendry Morales 279 AVG 3 HR'S 11 RBI
    Mike Napoli 323 AVG 4HR'S 11 RBI

Letting Glaus than Molina go the past 2 off seasons wasn't too bright espically considering the backups McPherson and Mathis never produced
    Sorry National league the DODGERS have return

Comment

Originally posted by Gagne#3 8
      Letting Glaus than Molina go the past 2 off seasons wasn't too bright espically considering the backups McPherson and Mathis never produced
      Glaus had been through two injury-plagued seasons, and the Angels probably thought he'd be a major risk for the kind of money they would have had to give him to re-sign him. I think I might have taken the risk, personally, but I really can't blame the Angels much, especially with what looked like a "can't miss" third baseman in AAA waiting in the wings. These minor leaguers need to start producing so that the club can have more money to use for a key free agent who can take them over the top.

One needs to look no further than Darren Dreifort to appreciate the kind of risk it is to pay top dollar to what looks to be an injury-prone player.

Comment

It seems that Stoneman might be forced to trade for someone rather than sit around and do nothing like he does every year at the trade deadline.
        SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
        "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by mojorisin71
          It seems that Stoneman might be forced to trade for someone rather than sit around and do nothing like he does every year at the trade deadline.
          The Iceman will be frozen in July like always.
          Angels 2002 World Champions 1979 1982 1986 2004 2005 AL West Champs

Southern California is covered in Red now

5 Straight Series Win:gt :gt

The saviors
          Jered Weaver 3-0 with a 1.86 ERA and a Sub 1 WHIP with 17K to 3Walk ratio
          Kendry Morales 279 AVG 3 HR'S 11 RBI
          Mike Napoli 323 AVG 4HR'S 11 RBI

Comment

How can you say that, he traded Yan didn't he?

Comment

stupid bill stoneman..

he's probably on vacation.
              all he wants is to please the angels owner artie moreno that he can handle the g.m. job

and artie wants tejada. so to keep his job he's trying to make some impact trade that would get tejada

BUT TRADE AWAY ERVIN SANTANA.

THE WINNINGEST PITCHER IN THE ANGELS ROTATION..
              THE TRADE IS SO NOT WORTH IT.. ID RATHER ACQUIRE sean casey or craig wilson for not much prospects instead of trade away future all STAR ERVIN SANTANA!!

they should so fire bill stoneman..
              getting millions for sitting on his butt.. and going on vacations

moreno was the one who acquired all our allstars vlade, colon, escobar, and etcetera..

Comment

The asking price for Soriano was unreasonable for a two-month rental.

Comment

I'm not a big Bill Stoneman fan but he did the right thing by not trading for Tejada or Soriano. We have some top notch prospects and it's going to be fun to watch them develop over the next couple years. It would have been a crying shame the trade them for a player who spent 2 months with the team then left via free agency. Especially since one player probably wouldn't have made all that much difference in the Angels making a world series run this year. Lets see what we can do with the team we have this year, let the youngsters develop then maybe go after a big name player this offseason.
                  My dream ballpark dimensions
                  LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                  RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                  Location....San Diego

Comment

llllllllllllllllllll
                    Last edited by bigdaddyvladdy; 08-01-2006, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I don't think Stoneman's looking past the first round of the playoffs. Santana and Lackey have playoff experience, but that's about it in a short series. I doubt they can compete with Detroit or Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by mojorisin71
                        I don't think Stoneman's looking past the first round of the playoffs. Santana and Lackey have playoff experience, but that's about it in a short series. I doubt they can compete with Detroit or Chicago.
                        I think Stoneman knows that and has his limits as to what he can give up. Still, he made some generous offers to upgrade this year's team.

The GM that really blew it IMO is Jim Bowden of the Nationals. Now he's stuck with the two-month rental that he won't be able to re-sign, in addition to a team that's out of the race.

If you want to fire someone, fire Bowden. :atthepc

Comment

Stoneman has been notoriously dormant at the trade deadline during his stint as GM, but given the strength of the Angels' farm (Saunders, Woods, et al.), I can see why he'd be reluctant to deal anyone from them. Even so, the top-tier teams not in the AL West have done some upgrading, whereas only the Rangers made some significant moves.

I'd like to see what Oakland and the Angels can do with what they have at the end of the year (7 of their last 10 are against each other).

Comment

RE: Fire Bill Stoneman.

I don't think Bill Stoneman is the heart of the problem for The Angels not making the play offs this year. Besides, they still had a winning season overall. You have to remember that a lot of The Angels' time and money during the off season was tied up in litigations.
                            Pecos Bill Baxter.

Comment

The Angels have a very talented team - they also have one hell of a farm system. If anything, you guys should be glad that you have a GM that isn't willing to part with the top top prospects. In a few years, you'll see these players produce big time in the majors, and you'll be very happy that they weren't traded for a 2 month rental player.
                              ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                              ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X