No announcement yet.

Fire Bill Stoneman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense, but the Angels' Achilles Heel was its defense. Chone Figgins, a utility player was harbored with errors, and that's one of his goals to work on during the offseason and Spring Training. Orlando Cabrera had trouble fielding and throwing as well, but the big question: is Howie Kendrick ready?

Comment

Originally posted by ira_quedding
      stupid bill stoneman..

they should so fire bill stoneman..
      getting millions for sitting on his butt.. and going on vacations

moreno was the one who acquired all our allstars vlade, colon, escobar, and etcetera..
      The team can't get rid of Bill Stoneman without getting rid of that owner first. The fact that The Angels' Owner is unpopular is so unfair, but he is unpopular nevertheless. This last season, The Angels didn't even make the play offs, and if the pattern fits, they won't even be in the running for the Post Season in 2007. To get this team back on track, it needs to unload both The Owner and The GM.:radio
      Attached Files
      Pecos Bill Baxter.

Comment

Originally posted by wbaxter1
        The team can't get rid of Bill Stoneman without getting rid of that owner first. The fact that The Angels' Owner is unpopular is so unfair, but he is unpopular nevertheless. This last season, The Angels didn't even make the play offs, and if the pattern fits, they won't even be in the running for the Post Season in 2007. To get this team back on track, it needs to unload both The Owner and The GM.:radio
        Why would you ever want to get rid of Artie? He's the first Angel owner who
        was ever committed to winning. The free agent market was slim pickings and
        prices were out of control. I don't think the Angels are done. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade for a bat before spring training.

Comment

Can we really blame Bill Stoneman for the way 2006 ended? The Angels started the 2006 campaign by losing 18 of 23, and still finished in 2nd place. I was just as devastated as everyone else, but had the Angels played like the Angels and not like the Royals, we may have had a shot at October. And the discussion about not getting a power bat in the offseason...can we say 1990's Braves? They won all those division titles with pitching, which the Angels boast proudly. 2007...The Year of the Halo!
          1979, 1982, 1986, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009

Comment

Also, Howie Kendrick...that kid is gonna be a stud. His minor league CAREER average was somewhere around .380. Give him time, and he'll have plenty of batting titles when he's done.
            1979, 1982, 1986, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009

Comment

IMO Stoneman isn't the best GM out there, but the Angels will be fielding and extremely competitive team this year, with a pitching staff that scares me to death. So no, I wouldn't fire him.

Comment

Stoneman

The Stoneman Era:

2000 (82-80) 3rd in AL West
                2001 (75-87) 3rd in AL West
                2002 (99-63) 2nd in AL West Wild Card team wins World Series.
                2003 (77-85) 3rd in AL West
                2004 (92-70) 1st in AL West (lost to Boston in ALDS
                2005 (95-67) 1st in AL West (lost to Chicago in ALCS
                2006 (89-73) 2nd in AL West

Comment

going, going, staying,

how ya like stoneman now ?

Comment

The only trade I didn't care for was Jim Edmunds for Ken Bottenfield and Adam Kennedy. Still, Kennedy has been pretty valuable for the Angels so, it wasn't so bad after all.
                    In the 1920's, Harry Heilmann led the AL with a .364 average. In addition, he averaged 220 hits, 45 doubles, 12 triples, 16 homers, 110 runs, and 130 RBI.

Comment

Stoneman is gone
                      Orlando Cabrera is gone
                      Click here for My Sports game http://www.angelfire.com/games5/baseball5/

Comment

Originally posted by HDH View Post
                        The only trade I didn't care for was Jim Edmunds for Ken Bottenfield and Adam Kennedy. Still, Kennedy has been pretty valuable for the Angels so, it wasn't so bad after all.
                        Wasn't that Bavasi?
                        SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                        "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...2-hunter_N.htm

Wow, I guess it's a good thing they got rid of Stoneman, that way they don't make stupid decisions.
                          "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Not Again !

Originally posted by Rennie Stennett View Post
                            The Stoneman Era:

2000 (82-80) 3rd in AL West
                            2001 (75-87) 3rd in AL West
                            2002 (99-63) 2nd in AL West Wild Card team wins World Series.
                            2003 (77-85) 3rd in AL West
                            2004 (92-70) 1st in AL West (lost to Boston in ALDS
                            2005 (95-67) 1st in AL West (lost to Chicago in ALCS
                            2006 (89-73) 2nd in AL West
                            2007 (.........) 1st in AL West

The best thing Stoneman did was hire Mike Scioscia.

As the Mariners sit around and do nothing, the Angels continue to improve. More Pitching and defense. The Angels give up a great shortstop though. Dude is smooth.
                            Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 12-03-2007, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mojorisin71 View Post
                              Wasn't that Bavasi?
                              No. Stoneman made that deal.

Even though it seems to have favored St. Louis, Kennedy was the ALCS MVP en route to a World Championship. That makes the deal worthwhile because he contributed to the true bottom line. Maybe without him the Angels are still looking for that first one.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X