X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton signing

Greetings to all from the land of Oz.

I hope everyone has a happy 2013!

My question: Is the signing of Hamilton by the Angels an acknowledgement that Pujols hasn't been up to the standard they expected?

Cheers

WS

Originally posted by walter sobchak View Post
    Greetings to all from the land of Oz.

I hope everyone has a happy 2013!

My question: Is the signing of Hamilton by the Angels an acknowledgement that Pujols hasn't been up to the standard they expected?
    No.

It's an acknowledgement that the Angels thought that Hamilton was going to produce more than Torii Hunter over the next few seasons.

Comment

Hamilton was a great pick up. Great Texas players going to teams in the same division. The Angels are my pick to win that division, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarzie View Post
        Hamilton was a great pick up. Great Texas players going to teams in the same division. The Angels are my pick to win that division, lol.
        I agree that it's a great pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by filihok View Post
          No.

It's an acknowledgement that the Angels thought that Hamilton was going to produce more than Torii Hunter over the next few seasons.
          Exactly. Pujols did a great job last year once he got comfortable and rolling along. he has had similar stretches like the one he started his Angels career with back in St. Louis. No issue with the Machine at 1B, Josh Hamilton is just another VERY talented guy who will be a HUGE upgrade over Hunter. It also takes the biggest gun out of Texas' lineup and moves it over to our biggest rival and threat to win the division. Good move on the Angels part, not necessarily a big loss in Arlington though. We have a stacked lineup still, a great young CF in Leonys Martin, signed Lance Berkman to DH and AJ Pierzynski at C (letting go a somewhat hobbled Mike Napoli). The rotation in Texas will still be strong this year, as will the pen. It will be another fun and exciting summer of AL West baseball, and i can't wait to see it all play out! May the best team win!
          "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Just following up here - how do you all feel about Hamilton's contract now that we're a month in to the season?
            WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
              Just following up here - how do you all feel about Hamilton's contract now that we're a month in to the season?
              A great deal for Hamilton, terrible deal for the Angels. Have they learned their lesson?
              The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Don't worry, Hambone will be fine. The guy is still one of the best hitters in baseball, period. Let him get comfortable, soon the hits will drop and the HRs will start flying and it will be just like when Albert shook off the funk last year. Go get 'em Josh! He is still The Natural!

Comment

Josh Hamilton has lost his batter's eye for off speed pitches! The Rangers were worried about this too! Pujols can go cold again soon and he's not getting any younger. The Angels neglected their farm system to sign these two.

Jered Weaver and so many others injured was a bad break!

A good time to cherish the 2002 Angels' World Championship!

Comment

thank god you took him off the market before the Yankees tried to sign him

Comment

The Angels signed Josh? When does he start playing?
                      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                        The Angels signed Josh? When does he start playing?
                        When he's done from being "off upstairs" as quoted by Hamilton himself...
                        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Well, though nothing to really sing in the rain about, Josh has picked things up considerably in May. So far, for the month he has hit: .244/.320/.522 as opposed to the .204/.252/.296 he had combined in MAR/APR. He also has 15 more TBs (47) than he did in the first month +. Here's his stats for MAR/APR and MAY:

MAR/APR:
                          G 26
                          PA 119
                          AB 108
                          R 10
                          H 22
                          2B 2
                          3B 1
                          HR 2
                          RBI 9
                          BB:K 6:32
                          TB 32
                          BABIP .260
                          tOPS 63
                          sOPS 53

MAY:
                          G 25
                          PA 100
                          AB 90
                          R 14
                          H 22
                          2B 5
                          3B 1
                          HR 6
                          RBI 9
                          BB:K 9:24
                          TB 47
                          BABIP .267
                          tOPS 144
                          sOPS 129

Looks like he may be turning things around. It is still real early, and I believe he will be fine by October. The Angels may not be...

Comment

Another stellar day for Hamilton, he went 0-4.

He's still hitting under his weight at .216 and is now slugging a whopping .380.

If I were an Angel's fan, I'd be really pissed about now, LOL.
                            WAR? Prove it!

Comment

May go down as one of the worst free agent signings in history. I was suprised that the Angels signed him considering his character.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X