2013 Angels Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Angels Season Thread

A new baseball season always makes me happy. It's the Angels' 2013 season. Post away.

Put it in the books.

With 86 or more wins this year, the Angels will end the season with a franchise W/L record on the good side of .500 . Looking at their winning success the past decade, I assume the team hasn't been at .500 since game 2 of the 1961 season.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
      With 86 or more wins this year, the Angels will end the season with a franchise W/L record on the good side of .500 . Looking at their winning success the past decade, I assume the team hasn't been at .500 since game 2 of the 1961 season.
      They had some good teams in the late 70s, 1979 in particular I think. I'll have to look that up. Fred Lynn and the boys were REAL close to winning the best of 5 ALCS in 1982, and then there was the Donnie Moore 1986 ALCS vs the Red Sox. They had a good team in the early 90s as well, with Mark Langston, Chuck Finely and Jim Abbott at the front of the rotation. But yeah, that must mean some pretty miserable seasons around those teams leading up to Scioscia's run in the last decade.
      "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Rosenthal saying Jared Weaver's out four-six weeks with a broken left elbow.
        "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Rosenthal saying Jared Weaver's out four-six weeks with a broken left elbow.
          The guy was to be my fantasy "Ace"! Hope he comes back strong. Thought he would win well over 20 with that lineup. Still can...

Comment

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
            The guy was to be my fantasy "Ace"! Hope he comes back strong. Thought he would win well over 20 with that lineup. Still can...
            I had Weaver pegged as a Cy Young winner a few years ago. But his consistent drop in K-rate had me wondering this season.

Comment

I had Weaver pegged as a Cy Young winner a few years ago. But his consistent drop in K-rate had me wondering this season.
              Now it is his dropping off the mound that has me wondering!

Comment

Pujols hit 2 more HRs yesterday! Good job big guy, keep 'em comin'! Countdown to 500, get it done this year! Only needs what, 21 more?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X