Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angels will not put L.A. on their uniforms next season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Angels will not put L.A. on their uniforms next season

    http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...rts-mlb-angels

    The Angels won't be wearing "Los Angeles" on their road uniforms next season. Major league teams had a May 31 deadline to submit changes in uniforms, colors and logos for next season, and Angels President Dennis Kuhl said Thursday that the team had not submitted any changes. Kuhl also said team executives have not discussed putting "Los Angeles" on the road uniforms in the future.

  • #2
    Still only team without their city on road uniforms

    Comment


    • #3
      The Cards don't have St. Louis on their road uniforms, either.
      SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
      "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

      Comment


      • #4
        Nor the Phillies and Orioles.

        This is a non-issue. Moreno has never said he wanted to put LA on the uniforms in any way shape or form, yet everyone including the Times keeps bringing it up like it might happen? :noidea

        Comment


        • #5
          The Phillies and Orioles have had uniforms in the past with city
          Last edited by Jake83; 06-02-2006, 12:17 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Elvis9045
            Nor the Phillies and Orioles.

            This is a non-issue. Moreno has never said he wanted to put LA on the uniforms in any way shape or form, yet everyone including the Times keeps bringing it up like it might happen? :noidea

            You never know with the franchise representing Orange County. The Angels are known for change

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jake83
              The Phillies and Orioles have had uniforms in the past with city
              So did the Angels...ANAHEIM.

              If the Angels DID put "Los Angeles" on their jerseys, I think they'd be the first team ever to have a false city name on their uniforms.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jake83
                The Phillies and Orioles have had uniforms in the past with city
                The Angels had Anaheim on their road jersey in 2002 and 2003. And they had Los Angeles on their road jerseys back in 1961, 1962, 1963 and 1964.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Elvis9045
                  So did the Angels...ANAHEIM.

                  If the Angels DID put "Los Angeles" on their jerseys, I think they'd be the first team ever to have a false city name on their uniforms.

                  How about Los Angeles of Anaheim across their road uniforms. I would buy one just for a collectors item

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by yankees rule
                    The Angels had Anaheim on their road jersey in 2002 and 2003. And they had Los Angeles on their road jerseys back in 1961, 1962, 1963 and 1964.

                    Even if they put LA they still wouldn't have their city on their road uniform

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mojorisin71
                      The Cards don't have St. Louis on their road uniforms, either.
                      A road uniform bearing St. Louis wouldn't look bad. Look at what they wore 1930-32: http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...ement=9&pos=19

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jake83
                        Even if they put LA they still wouldn't have their city on their road uniform
                        At least the Angels originated in Los Angeles.

                        Brownie31

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Brownie31
                          At least the Angels originated in Los Angeles.

                          Brownie31

                          I see the Brooklyn group has corrupted you

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jake83
                            I see the Brooklyn group has corrupted you
                            They have enlightened me.

                            Brownie31

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Brownie31
                              They have enlightened me.

                              Brownie31
                              On that the majority of Dodger history was during the days in LA correct.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X