Forgotten Angels players of the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten Angels players of the past

What names of old Angels, who were not stars and have faded into obscurity, but remembered by you?

How about these for starters:
    • Orlando McFarlane
    • Winston Llenas
    • Jimmie Hall
    • Tom Egan
    • Paul Schaal
    • Chuck Hinton
    • John Orton
    • Steve Lubratich

Former Angels

Roger Repoz
    Bo Belinsky
    Jarvis Tatum
    Bill Voss
    Vern Geishert
    Chico Ruiz
    Art Kusnyer
    John Stephenson
    Rudy Meoli
    Adrian Garrett
    Steve Bilko
    Bubba Morton
    Lloyd Allen
    John Werhas

Comment

Bo Belinsky- He will never be forgotten he was more famous in LA for his off the field life.

Rumor was at the beginning of spring training He use to show up at Autry's ranch in Palm Springs with 2 Playboy Models and and half a bottle of bourbon.

Comment

Belinsky

I think he used to date Mamie Van Doren and Tina Louise(Ginger on Gilligan's Island) Did his arm go bad or was he just too undisciplined? I have an audio cassette game of him pitching for the 1967 Astros and he pitched pretty well. The Angels got Rudy May(and Costen Shockley) for him so that worked out.

Originally posted by Jake83
        Bo Belinsky- He will never be forgotten he was more famous in LA for his off the field life.

Rumor was at the beginning of spring training He use to show up at Autry's ranch in Palm Springs with 2 Playboy Models and and half a bottle of bourbon.

Comment

Julio Ramirez
          Justin Baughmen
          Pep Harris
          Mike James
          Paul Leftwich
          Claudell Washington
          Scott Lewis
          Ruppert Jones
          Ron Jackson

I remember John Orton because when he first came up he looked like he was going to be a star but his carrer just faded away like many Angels in the early 90's
          Angels 2002 World Champions 1979 1982 1986 2004 2005 AL West Champs

Southern California is covered in Red now

5 Straight Series Win:gt :gt

The saviors
          Jered Weaver 3-0 with a 1.86 ERA and a Sub 1 WHIP with 17K to 3Walk ratio
          Kendry Morales 279 AVG 3 HR'S 11 RBI
          Mike Napoli 323 AVG 4HR'S 11 RBI

Comment

Angels

I thought Justin Baughman would be better too. I think I saw his name on someone's AAA roster.

Comment

Sid Monge
              Don Aase
              Jerry DaVanon
              Joe Lahoud
              Morris Nettles

Comment

Angels of the Past

I think Joe Lahoud and Roger Repoz were brothers All or nothing!

Originally posted by Chisox73
                Sid Monge
                Don Aase
                Jerry DaVanon
                Joe Lahoud
                Morris Nettles

Comment

How about Jay Johnstone.
                  Also any Yankee fan will thank the Halos for Mickey Rivers and Ed Figueroa. How many people remember that they wereen't too bad for the Angels either.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                  Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

Alex Johnson.

Even though he won a batting title, he might as well be forgotten. BlueSteve has posted numerous stories of his stint with the Angels, and you'll see why hardly anyone talks about him.
                    SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                    "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Alex Johnson

There were stories about him carrying a gun and not running out groundballs. One of the first bad attitude guys that I remember. His stats in 1971 really dropped off after the batting title(.329) They traded him to Cleveland for Vada Pinson.

Originally posted by mojorisin71
                      Alex Johnson.

Even though he won a batting title, he might as well be forgotten. BlueSteve has posted numerous stories of his stint with the Angels, and you'll see why hardly anyone talks about him.

Comment

Rivers and Figueroa

That trade worked out better for the Yanks. The Angels got one great year and one below average year from Bobby Bonds before they moved him on. Rivers and Figueroa were rising stars in their short time with the Angels.

Originally posted by soberdennis
                        How about Jay Johnstone.
                        Also any Yankee fan will thank the Halos for Mickey Rivers and Ed Figueroa. How many people remember that they wereen't too bad for the Angels either.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
                          That trade worked out better for the Yanks. The Angels got one great year and one below average year from Bobby Bonds before they moved him on. Rivers and Figueroa were rising stars in their short time with the Angels.
                          I agree that the trade was great for the Yanks. It was part of Gabe Paul's genius in making trades. I am just saying that Rivers and Figueroa were not bad with the Angels, either. I believe Figgy won an ERA title in Anaheim.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                          Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

Matt Walbeck
                            Trent Durrington
                            Kevin Stocker
                            Luis Polonia
                            Andrew Lorraine
                            Don Slaught
                            Johnny Ray
                            Lee Stevens( He was suppose to replace Joyner one of the thousand bad Angel decesions)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
                              I think he used to date Mamie Van Doren and Tina Louise(Ginger on Gilligan's Island) Did his arm go bad or was he just too undisciplined? I have an audio cassette game of him pitching for the 1967 Astros and he pitched pretty well. The Angels got Rudy May(and Costen Shockley) for him so that worked out.
                              I think you would enjoy the book Once They Were Angels, written by the Angels bat boy in 1974-76. He maintained contact with many of the players over the years and told Angel history through 10 of the better known Angels. Belinsky was deceased, but interviews told his story. He was actually engaged to Mamie Van Doren. Belinsky wasn't a star, but his carousing brought needed media attention to the Angels.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X