Struggling Angels get some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling Angels get some help

What happened to the LA Angels that won the division last year? Well, they also came close to the pennant last year, if it weren't for the umpire named Doug Eddings, the bane of evil to LA Angels fans.

Well, swept by the Mariners, losing Colon and Kotchman to injuries isn't really helping, but it's time to compose a winning team, with Salmon as the DH in his very likely, his final season.

vs. starting LHP:
    1. CF Chone Figgins
    2. SS Orlando Cabrera
    3. RF Vladmir Guerrero
    4. DH Tim Salmon
    5. 1B Kendry Morales (give him a chance, this rookie may be worth it)
    6. LF Juan Rivera
    7. 3B Dallas McPherson
    8. C José Molina
    9. 2B Adam Kennedy

vs. starting RHP:
    1. 1B Chone Figgins (well, he can play any position)
    2. CF Darin Erstad
    3. RF Vladmir Guerrero (hey, he can obliterate any handed-pitcher)
    4. DH Tim Salmon (he's back to do consecutive damage to right-handed pitchers)
    5. LF Garret Anderson
    6. SS Macier Izturis
    7. 3B Dallas McPherson
    8. 2B Adam Kennedy
    9. C José Molina

I understand Mike Scioscia is a good manager, but a helping hand never hurts. I'm trying to give some players some rest when they go against a different handed-pitcher in the start. What's not helping is the rivals from the north (Oakland) seem to cruise along. Let the Angels crush them when Colon gets healthy again and the next time they meet...

Good post but I don’t blame Doug Eddings I mean we were going to loose that series the first couple of games we were so flat and the sox's had some of your 02 magic all the balls were falling in the right stop for them just like it did for us in 02.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddyvladdy
      Good post but I don’t blame Doug Eddings I mean we were going to loose that series the first couple of games we were so flat and the sox's had some of your 02 magic all the balls were falling in the right stop for them just like it did for us in 02.
      That, plus the fact that the 2002 team didn't face a team as good as the 2005 White Sox in the playoffs. :atthepc

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X