Questions about the Metrodome...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the Metrodome...

1. How do you Twins fans like watching the Twins play in the Metrodome?
    2. I heard the Twins are getting a new stadium. When will that happen?

I don't mind the dome, I guess...but then again it's the only major league park I've been to. A nice open air stadium would be cool

The state legislature has yet to pass a stadium bill...and I don't expect one anytime in the near future.

Comment

I personally don't care for the metrodome A.K.A. "THE INFLAITABLE TOLIET" I have been to JAcobs field and that makes the dome look like a giant landfill.

Henninpen county purposed a tax of 20 cents on every twenty dollars spent within henninpen. County tried to ramrod it though the state without a public vote, it got shot down.

Me personally I wouldn't have minded the sales taxes increase, I just don't care for shady politicians trying to force things without a public vote.

The vikings are purposing a similar deal in anoka County right now (where I live). I hope that they have learned from Hennipen ctys mistakes.

Comment

[QUOTE=Deyo21]I personally don't care for the metrodome A.K.A. "THE INFLAITABLE TOLIET" I have been to JAcobs field and that makes the dome look like a giant landfill.

Henninpen county purposed a tax of 20 cents on every twenty dollars spent within henninpen. County tried to ramrod it though the state without a public vote, it got shot down.

correction the tax was 3 cents on twenty dollars.

the only people that don't hat e the dome are people who have never been to a reall bigleague stadium
        Never give up never surrender

Comment

dome sucks

yea really, the dome is terrible. At least when you go to a game outdoors, you can have a good time even when your team loses. If your team loses in the Dome, you just walk away pissed off.
          The stadium bill is not looking good. Probably won't happen for another 40 yrs.

Comment

I saw this on mlb.com:

Gov. aims to keep ballpark deal alive
            ST. PAUL (AP) -- Seeking to keep a Twins stadium deal alive, Gov. Tim Pawlenty said he'll personally host talks to work out a proposal before next year's legislative session.

After a 45-minute meeting Tuesday with Hennepin County Commissioners Mike Opat and Randy Johnson, Pawlenty said he will invite the Twins and Hennepin County officials to the governor's residence for discussions.

An agreement between the county and the team to build a baseball stadium in downtown Minneapolis expires Saturday. Pawlenty didn't set a date for his talks, but said he'd like to keep the stadium in focus ahead of the legislative session that starts March 1.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ive always wanted to go to the Met. Never been to a dome.
              "Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support, not illumination."
              -Vin Scully

Comment

It's basically just baseball. Not much ambience, but it also isn't cold or hot.

Retractable would be nice, though it's a given to watch friday night fall footbll outside and that's fine. I'm just thinking with such high cost of living in the metro area, if that's applicable, and the decade-long wait for a new stadium, they could go all out like Pittsburgh meets Houston's Reliant Stadium.
                (fantasy football)
                JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
                DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
                JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

Comment

The dome sucks, but it does give us a HUGE homefield advantage!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X