Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castillo Trade

I don't get it.

Why would you trade Luis Castillo for a minor league Catcher?
    Are you already locked at this position?
    Why not try to pry something better from the Mets?
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

It seems like the Twins just decided to get Castillo out of town. They sure didn't get a fair return for him.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Arrgh, the Twins got totally ripped off on that Castillo deal. Even though they were probably going to lose him at the end of the year, he was still an asset as he was the best leadoff hitter they had. The prospects they got weren't even that good...

Oh well, we had a good run with him, and I hope that he does well in NY.
      "Baseball is really fun"~ Joe Dimaggio
      "I really like baseball"~ Babe Ruth
      "Baseball is my favorite sport"~ Pete Rose

Comment

It was funny that when I read a yahoo story on trade deadline winners and losers, this trade was not mentioned

Comment

Castillo was traded by two minor leagues pitchers. I suppose they feel very happy with the production they have from the DH spot: 3 hrs in 403 PA played by eight different players leading by that slugger named Jeff Cirillo (how manny pitchers needs Terry Ryan?).
          BTW, with Utley`s injury anyone knows if Castillo was offered to the Phillies?
          I count two interesting hitters they would be asking for (Chris Coste or Greg Dobbs).
          But, anyway this is a team always building a team to win a WS in a future that never comes.
          You have to suffer a revolution to know what are you talking about.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X