Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Gomez

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    I'd still rather have Fernando Martinez.
    So would we.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BenHertz View Post
      It will be fun watching him along with Alexi Casilla.

      SPEED!
      Tolbert has some legs too. He needs to work himself into a starting role somewhere on that team. I think Tolbert is the 2B of the future for the Twins.

      A future infield of Plouffe (at third), Casilla, Tolbert, and Morneau would be pretty good and have a lot of energy.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Go-Go

        Carlos Gómez is fun to watch. I had a chance to watch him in a game the first week of the season.

        Apr 16 CF Carlos Gomez struck out by bunting a third strike for the second time this season Monday, but he vowed to keep taking that risk, believing it has long-term benefits. "If third baseman backs up, I'm going to try," said Gomez, who snapped an 0-for-15 slump Tuesday with a first-inning double. "If they think I'll bunt, it will keep them in closer."
        He's on pace for like 70 SB's.

        Jul 27,2002] - Signed as nondrafted free agent by Mets [Feb 2,2008] - Traded by Mets with Philip Humber, Kevin Mulvey and Deolis Guerra to Twins for Johan Santana

        Mets shortstop José Reyes, who led the National League in stolen bases and triples for multiple seasons, said that Gómez is faster than him.[1] Gomez is the starting center fielder for the Twins, replacing the now-departed Torii Hunter.

        Twins manager Ron Gardenhire has nicknamed him "Go-Go" due to his last name (Gomez) and his blazing speed

        Gomez's 40-time has been clocked at 4.29 by the MLB.

        In his first game in a Twins uniform, rookie Carlos Gomez stole two bases (this one in 3.1 sec.) on opening day as the Twins defeated the LA Angels 3-2.

        Comment


        • #19
          I've noticed he exaggerates the crow hop when throwing the ball into the infield. Doesn't this waste valuable time when trying to throw out a baserunner? Possibly gives half a step or so for the baserunner?

          I'm probably over-analyzing.
          Last edited by BenHertz; 04-30-2008, 02:55 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            ..........
            Last edited by mp57078; 06-17-2008, 08:34 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by moebarguy View Post
              Baseball Prospectus projects .249 BA, .301 OBP, 5 HR, 45 R, 31 RBI, and 23 SB in 377 PA.
              That is pretty close to his stat line right now:

              .260 BA, .295 OBP, 5 HR, 50 R, 31 RBI, and 21 SB in 385 PA.

              I hope they didn't predict a major injury.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BenHertz View Post
                That is pretty close to his stat line right now:

                .260 BA, .295 OBP, 5 HR, 50 R, 31 RBI, and 21 SB in 385 PA.

                I hope they didn't predict a major injury.
                It was projected before he was officially named the starting CF...regardless, pretty much on point, eh?
                ~MOE

                Moonlight Graham
                ...one game, no at-bats...


                RisingApple.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  Not to bad of a trade now is it?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
                    Not to bad of a trade now is it?
                    Who was saying it was a bad trade from the Mets perspective? You confuse me and probably everyone else here.
                    Originally posted by Domenic
                    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                      Who was saying it was a bad trade from the Mets perspective? You confuse me and probably everyone else here.
                      Yeah, Twins fans know it was a good trade for the Mets. They were merely excited about what Carlos Gomez brings to the table...it's obviously not a good deal for the Twins, so no need to rub it in.
                      ~MOE

                      Moonlight Graham
                      ...one game, no at-bats...


                      RisingApple.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by moebarguy View Post
                        Yeah, Twins fans know it was a good trade for the Mets. They were merely excited about what Carlos Gomez brings to the table...it's obviously not a good deal for the Twins, so no need to rub it in.
                        Well, Santana has pitched very good, but they almost never win in his starts. And with Carlos Gomez having a great year, the trade looks like it was decent for the Twins. I don't know how Mulvey or Guerra are doing though. I know Humber is stinking up AAA as he did as a Met.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
                          Well, Santana has pitched very good, but they almost never win in his starts. And with Carlos Gomez having a great year, the trade looks like it was decent for the Twins. I don't know how Mulvey or Guerra are doing though. I know Humber is stinking up AAA as he did as a Met.
                          Considering the major league average for BA/OBP/SLG is around .271/.338/.423, Gomez's line of .256/.290/.354 suggests that he's below league average.
                          ~MOE

                          Moonlight Graham
                          ...one game, no at-bats...


                          RisingApple.com

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            yeah

                            a sub .300 OBP for a leadoff is not exactly what I would call great. Nor would that be the term used to describe the managerial decision to continue to bat him leadoff.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Milt on Tilt View Post
                              a sub .300 OBP for a leadoff is not exactly what I would call great. Nor would that be the term used to describe the managerial decision to continue to bat him leadoff.
                              Sanity has prevailed. Thank GOD he was moved down in the lineup!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ewen21 View Post
                                Sanity has prevailed. Thank GOD he was moved down in the lineup!
                                he's doing a hell of a lot better at the bottom of the order.

                                now if only we could've gotten Roberts at the top with Span...
                                Why so serious??

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X