Prayers for Kirby Puckett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers for Kirby Puckett

HoFer and Twinkies legend Kirby Puckett had a stroke earlier this morning. He's currently in surgery (or hopefully recovering) in an Arizona hospital. Please keep the Puckett family and Kirby in your thoughts and prayers.
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

My thoughts and prayers are with Kirby and his family.

Get well soon Kirby.

Comment

Same here. I do hope that he recovers and is fully functional.

My thoughts, prayers will be with his Family as well as his extended Minnesota Twins Family.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

I was shocked and distressed when the news of this flashed on ESPN. My thoughts and prayers are also with Kirby and his family. He is one of the classiest guys in baseball.

Comment

We wish Kirby despite all the problems that he has had in the last few years.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I hope for the best for Puckett. He is a great person in baseball, despite the problems in the past few years. Get well soon, Puck.

Comment

At this point, Kirby is listed as being in critical condition as he recovers from surgery to drain pooled blood from his brain. He's tough and I know he'll battle through this!
              "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

Comment

passed away

it was announced that kirby puckett passed away tonight

Comment

My condolences to Puckett and his family.

Definately one of the best players of our time!
                  "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Rest in peace, Puck.

Comment

My prayers are with Kirby's family, friends, former teammates, and everyone who knew him in the Twin's organization. I'm very sad about this . . .

Comment

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/p...=.jsp&c_id=min

Short article from MLB

Comment

Thanks for the memories Kirby.

Comment

I do not visit this section of the forum often, but I wanted to take the time to say my thoughts are with the entire Twins family, Puck was a lifelong Twin. Which might not happen too often anymore with the angle this business has went.

Sorry for the loss.
                            BELIEVE

Comment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X