#1 player in Twins history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 player in Twins history

Who is the greatest position player in franchise history?
    Harmon Killebrew
    46.03%
    Sam Rice
    6.35%
    Joe Judge
    1.59%
    Kirby Puckett
    25.40%
    Rod Carew
    15.87%
    Kent Hrbek
    0.00%
    Mickey Vernon
    0.00%
    Tony Oliva
    0.00%
    Goose Goslin
    4.76%
    Buddy Myer
    0.00%

The Killer gets my vote here.

Comment

This was a tough one but I went with Killebrew just ahead of Carew-lots of power in an era of good pitching. Had Puckett played longer he probably would have won-excellent fielder as well as hitter.

Comment

Went with Kirby.

G Man

Comment

Kirbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Puckett!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...ders_bat.shtml
          Last edited by BenHertz; 08-30-2008, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Killebrew was far more intimidating at the dish but Puckett hit for average, provided speed and fantastic defense to go along with some pop so when asking which was the better player -- as in all-around? Puck in a heartbeat.
            Check out my articles at Bugs & Cranks.

Comment

Harmon was the power man and probably one of the most loved players in Twin (legacy Senator) history.

Goose Goslin was a standout in his day.

Rod Carew could find the ball like noone else.

Too bad Tony Oliva tore his knees up while still a fairly young man. In his prime there were few better hitters.

Comment

Killebrew's power carries the day for me.
                Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

No votes for Zolio Versalles.:grouchy Zolio was the first Twin MVP after the move from D.C. It seems, his bat left him completely right after that MVP season.

Naw, Killer is a good choice. Such a well loved player in Minnesota.

Comment

Three Twins are in the Hall -- Carew, Killibrew and Puckett. Of them I saw only Puckett play, he gets my vote. "I'm just up there hackin', man!" Just think of his performance in game 6 of the '91 Series, his finest hour.

Comment

no pitchers?

if i could pick anyone id go with walter johnson - but hitters sam rice
                      Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 08-15-2010, 01:46 AM.
                      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Killebrew, Carew are the best, with Goslin, Puckett, Rice next tier.

Kilebrew and Carew couldn't be much more different as players, but my vote in a close race goes to the Killer- he was one of the great power hitters of all time, and his BA suffered due to the era he played in. He wasn't a very impressive defensive player, but neither was Carew. Killebrew was a pretty decent 1Ber, and he didn't embarass himself at 3rd or LF. Very close, but Killebrew gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                          if i could pick anyone id go with walter johnson - but hitters sam rice
                          The poll creator was doing pitchers separately.
                          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I voted for Rob Carew.

Comment

If Goose Goslin is on the list, why isn't Walter Johnson?

Because if we're talking about greatest player in franchise history, there really can be no debate that its Walter Johnson.
                              Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X