#1 player in Twins history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
    nobody has a better ERA+, K/9 IP or winning % in a Twins uniform than Johan.
    Since no pitchers were on the list in the poll, would you place Santana higher in franchise history than Walter Johnson, or only amongst actual Twins players?

Comment

Since the poll doesn't include pitchers (Johnson, Santana, Kaat?, Viola?), and doesn't include other shorter-time franchise greats (Frank Howard, Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, Kent Hrbek), does include a pretty good cross-section (but- Maranville?), gotta go with Killebrew over Carew (lots of time with the Angels) and Puckett (a great one but not enough time). Plus, Harmon has one of the best names in baseball history. Good poll, some order placement bias might be skewing the results, maybe cluster the obvious choices more towards the center of the listings to ensure more even distribution of consideration?

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
        Its not ridiculous, just poorly titled. It should read in "Franchise" history, not "Twins" history.
        Haven't you heard? All postings of opinion are "ridiculous", unless posted by Mr. Ed.
        you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
        http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

Comment

Well played Mauer !
          :choke:

Comment

Puckett, Carew, Killer.

Comment

I've gotta go with Rod Carew.

On another note, I lived in the Twin Cities for a few years and I just can't see why they love Hrbek so much. Can anyone explain how he got his number retired next to Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, and Puckett?
              My baseball related life: http://93percenttrue.wordpress.com/2...e-with-a-baby/

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy G View Post
                I've gotta go with Rod Carew.

On another note, I lived in the Twin Cities for a few years and I just can't see why they love Hrbek so much. Can anyone explain how he got his number retired next to Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, and Puckett?
                He is a local product who was a key part of the team, through bad and good times, his entire career. Career + Community.
                Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X