Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Neshek to miss 2009 season

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=min

"The Twins announced on Tuesday that Neshek will undergo ligament replacement surgery on his right elbow and will miss all of the '09 season. The news came after an MRI on Neshek's elbow revealed a complete tear of the ulnar collateral ligament."

Neshek had that odd delivery. I've never seen a windup quite like his. Is that a factor in this injury?

Comment

With Neshek out, I thought the Twins were going to go after another pitcher with a different arm angle than most pitchers, such as Darren O'Day or Ehren Wassermann.

I know they have knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, but he seems more like a long reliever than a setup man.

Comment

Originally posted by BenHertz View Post
        I know they have knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, but he seems more like a long reliever than a setup man.
        He also seems to take quite a beating when he's on the hill... They'd be better off going down to AA or AAA to fill that roster spot.
        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

That's too bad. I really enjoyed watching Neshek pitch. Hopefully he'll be 100% for 2010.
          "You have probably heard that I use my scorecard to convey information. Since our opponents know this, they keep a close watch on every movement I make with my scorecard, but this is fortified with many other devices."

-Connie Mack

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X