Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Twins Alternate Logo

Its not that bad of an aternate logo. It looks like one of their old ones
    Last edited by hudsonharden; 05-18-2009, 12:10 AM.

Originally posted by RedsoxMetsFan123 View Post
    Its not that bad of an aternate logo. It looks like one of their old ones
    http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=r...7u57a5aeeg5pis
    I thought baseball had gotten away from silly cartoonish logos. The next thing you know the Brewers will bring back the beer belly batter.
    sigpic
    Washington? Good Grief!

Comment

Originally posted by 108stitches View Post
      I thought baseball had gotten away from silly cartoonish logos. The next thing you know the Brewers will bring back the beer belly batter.
      I thought that the Brewers HAD brought back the beer belly batter...his name is Prince Fielder!

Comment

We've had a state-of-Minnesota shaped version of this for several years now. This is likely the sleeve patch on the retro 1982, first year in the dome jerseys.

Now, Target Field NEEDS to have a giant, movable, neon sign version of these guys above center field that shake hands after home runs - think Philly's Liberty Bell. :crossfingers:
        There's no use being pessimistic, it won't work anyways

Comment

Dodgeboy, you are correct.

The Twins will go with the Retro uniforms for Saturday games; which would include the aforementioned arm patch.

Think the 1977 Retro uniforms that the Twins can wear in MVP 2005 or MLB 2K5.

Comment

I like the fact that it's goofy and cartoonish. It has a retro feel to it reminiscent of when ballclubs didn't take themselves as seriously.

Comment

Old time baseball logos are excellent. (mostly)

Too bad they left off the WIN TWINS! slogan to complete the kitschy, zany, whimsy of it all.
              Oh for a sunny afternoon at Sicks...

Comment

Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
                I like the fact that it's goofy and cartoonish. It has a retro feel to it reminiscent of when ballclubs didn't take themselves as seriously.
                Why not goofy and cartoonish logos? I mean, we have more than our share of goofy and cartoonish celebrities, goofy and cartoonish athletes, politicians, etc...

Comment

I thought baseball had gotten away from silly cartoonish logos.
                  What's wrong with silly and cartoonish?

Obviously I didn't receive the memo that said baseball was no longer supposed to be fun.
                  X
                  What's THAT guy doing?
                  - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

What made the "cartoon" logo work were the highly-professional, classy navy trimmed in red pinstripe uniforms the team wore with it from 1961-1971. It remains one of my all-time favorites.

As a uniform "aficianado" I was deeply disappointed when the Twins dropped the original uniform in 1971 and original script "Twins" logo in 1987 and if I had a wish as strictly a fan who likes the visual aspects of baseball for the Twins, it is that the original uniform would be brought back intact next season with the new ball park.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaCajun View Post
                      As a uniform "aficianado" I was deeply disappointed when the Twins dropped the original uniform in 1971 and original script "Twins" logo in 1987 and if I had a wish as strictly a fan who likes the visual aspects of baseball for the Twins, it is that the original uniform would be brought back intact next season with the new ball park.

I agree. I don't know why they changed them in 87. I like the old ones, especially the powder blue road unis.
                      "And the pitch bounced right side a base hit!! Here comes Gomez around third, there'll be no play!!! The Twins have won the Central!!!

sigpic

Comment

I like both the old Twins script as well as the new Twins script.

I like the Twins navy blue uniforms with the red Twins script. I think they should use those on the road, and wear the 1982 white jerseys with the old Twins script, like they are doing for Saturday home games this year.

I'd like to see them ditch the away gray pinstripes jerseys. They are ugly. Im not a fan of pinstripes, i think the solid white or solid color jerseys look much neater and cleaner.
                        SKOL VIKINGS!
                        WIN TWINS!

Comment

I thought baseball had gotten away from silly cartoonish logos.
                          Unfortunately the Cleveland Indians still utilize the Chief Wahoo cartoon.

I've argued right along that's it's embarrassing enough to get rid of it because of it's goofy cartoon-like appearance, let along whether or not you consider it to be racist (which I personally do).

It's like when the Orioles discarded that goofy cartoon bird for an accurate depiction of a real Baltimore oriole. Much better IMVHO.

:twocents:

Comment

I love the Twins throwback unis.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X