Baker, Bonser, Mauer placed on DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker, Bonser, Mauer placed on DL

Minnesota Twins right-hander Scott Baker was placed on the 15-day disabled list yesterday with shoulder stiffness and will miss his scheduled start on Opening Day.

Left-hander Francisco Liriano will instead take the mound for Minnesota on Monday against the Seattle Mariners, but pitching coach Rick Anderson said the move -- made retroactively to last Saturday, making Baker eligible to return April 12 -- was precautionary and would only cause him to miss the first turn in the rotation.

Baker developed soreness Wednesday after throwing in a minor league game, but he said he wasn't concerned.

"The decision technically wasn't up to me. I could definitely have pitched," said Baker, who signed a four-year, $15.25 million contract last month. "I'm an investment. They want to protect their investment."
    ad_icon

The Twins also put right-hander Boof Bonser and catcher Joe Mauer on the DL, as expected. Bonser had shoulder surgery and is expected to miss the season. Mauer is recovering from inflammation in his lower back, which will keep him out for at least the next few weeks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...040203699.html

How long before we can expect to see Mauer back in the everyday lineup? I know he's had injuries in the past, is he generally a quick healer?
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Great way to start the season...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X