Beat the Yankees !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat the Yankees !!

What an interesting series. The small market Twinkies who do it the right way and always seem to compete in their division vs the Yankees who flat out bought a playoff birth. One team showing you way baseball is great and one showing you why the current system is unfair and stupid. Not only that but the Twins are at the disadvantage of having just played last night. Pitchers are worn down. Twins went 0 -7 vs NYY this year. Tell me about this guy starting game 1 for them?

G Man

I got news for you GMan; The Bronx Bombers haven't bought a playoff berth in a couple years...and they MAY not go to the WS. If it's not the Twins, I am thinking the Halo's will do a good number on them come the ALCS.

If it's the Yankees-Red Sox, I am sure ESPN 1, 2, 3, Plus, U, and ESP will be broadcasting the series.

Comment

Sadly i dont think the twins have a chance at this series.

Comment

Obviously I want a different outcome, but I am sooo excited to start watching and discussing postseason baseball!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ericlc129 View Post
          I got news for you GMan; The Bronx Bombers haven't bought a playoff berth in a couple years...and they MAY not go to the WS. If it's not the Twins, I am thinking the Halo's will do a good number on them come the ALCS.

If it's the Yankees-Red Sox, I am sure ESPN 1, 2, 3, Plus, U, and ESP will be broadcasting the series.
          Haha, you made me laugh with the last line. I wish they would have had to play both Boston and LA but those two will beat on each other and NYY will be waiting, most likely.

G Man

Comment

HR by Arod....Man Nathan had the pants full before he even got on the field. Walk the first batter then a 3-0-count. Just very very weak. Twins will loose this one and they will never have a better chance to beat the Yankees in New York. Premium Starting Pitching performance and clutch hits. If they don't win tonight, they will never do it.
            I know you're watching, Si. Bu.

Comment

bases loaded, nobody out for the Twins...it's now or never... but Gomez and Young are not good hitters. First-pitch-swingers
              Last edited by SwissRedSoxFan; 10-09-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwissRedSoxFan View Post
                bases loaded, nobody out for the Twins...it's no or never... but Gomez and Young are not good hitters. First-pitch-swingers
                It turned out to be never.

Comment

Originally posted by EdTarbusz View Post
                  It turned out to be never.
                  this series is over. For me at least. Twins will never get a better chance to beat the Yankees. To come home with the possibility to win the series, would have been sweet. Twins have outhit, outwalked, outpitched (Nathan excluded) the Yankees. Had 13 times men in scoring position. The Yankees four times. And the Twins lost the game they never should have lost. Now Pavano. Good night. If I had tickets for the next game, I would sell it for a high price at some NewYork jerk. To win at least a little bit.

You cannot loose in a more bitter way. No way.

Comment

Get rid of Nathan, and don't even let him on the plane home.
                    "And the pitch bounced right side a base hit!! Here comes Gomez around third, there'll be no play!!! The Twins have won the Central!!!

sigpic

Comment

It wasn't just Nathan who was to blame. One reason why the Twins are in the post-season is because they played in a weak division this year.
                      One reason why the Yankees win to many games, aside from their spending is because their hitters are more disciplined than the Twins hitters. If the Twins line-up was that disciplined, they might've scored a few runs in the 11th.
                      That's what happens when you swing at the first pitch when hitting with the game on the line.

Comment

You got completely hosed, there's no way around it. The umps will always favor Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers and Phillies, because better ratings means better paychecks. This is a reason why we need a complete overhaul of the MLB salary cap and rules (instant replay now!).

NFL: Spygate and tuck rule even after it's know they were cheating the enitre time, NFL does nothing.

NBA: Donolly (NBA ref) bets on games he's officiating. Lakers win in 2001, coincidence, I think not.

MLB: Angels-Red Sox fiasco (pitches down the middle, yet walked) and the Twins/Yankee$ game (clearly a ground rule double, cost Twins season).

Nothing really bad about the NHL (except for the occasional fight or hard hit).

I would take a clean sport over some bought out umps with overpaid players and bandwagon/stupid fans following only a couple of teams.
                        Denver Bears* (1955-1985)/ Zephyrs (1985-1992)
                        Colorado Rockies (1993-Present)
                        1995 2007 2009
                        * - preferred name

Comment

LOL. The umps did not cost the Twins this game. You never know how the 11th inning would have played out if Mauer had led off with a double. You can't look at what the next batter did and assume that the pitcher would have made the same sequence of pitches or that the batter would have acted the same with a runner on second. The batter might have tried to move him over etc... The blown call might have even redounded to the Twins benefit by allowing them to load the bases. Regardless of umps, Twins had bases loaded and nobody out. Plus, Nathan imploded, as he seems to do against the Yankee$ and in the playoffs.

What separates the Yankee$ in post season from the rest of the league is Mariano. He is as automatic as you can get in the post season. While other closers have those choke moments, Mariano doesn't. He is human, so he is not perfect. But when he comes into the game with a lead in the post season, the game is almost always over.

Comment

Ya, I think bringing Mo in when the Yankees are already down a run isn't always the best decision. It's definitely not his regular save-situation routine and rhythm, it maybe puts him out of his element a bit.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Twins were cheated last night by the umpire. I as a Mets fan send my sympathies to you. That was a double for Joe Mauer.
                              Just call me a sports fan.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X