Things to do in Minneapolis for visiting baseball fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in Minneapolis for visiting baseball fans

My wife and I will be traveling to Minneapolis next summer to see Target Field and I'm hoping that there is a local or two who can fill us in on some things to do or see while we're there. We're staying downtown and planning on walking around to see everything we can see.

So, what are the things that we shouldn't miss?

There is always Mall of America, warehouse district for bars/clubs.

I guess when you live here, you forget what is here! ha ha.

In the Vinci Winners bag:
    Vinci PJV16 and Vinci PJV55
    Vinci #5 and Bones

Comment

moa is kinda lame, but yea, you could do that. I guess it depends on the weekend, but there's usually some festival going on over in st paul, well more in late summer. I guess it sort of depends what you enjoy doing, we have a lot to do, but my guess is wherever you're coming from offers something very similar.
      http://peterton.myminicity.com/

Comment

The Walker Sculpture garden/Loring Park/Basilica? They are all within walking distance of downtown. Nice neighborhood.
        Last edited by Milt on Tilt; 01-03-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

UniWatch clued me in on Nye's Polonaise Room featuring "the World's Most Dangerous Polka Band!"

And if we have time to catch a movie, the Riverview Theater looks like about as cool a place as you can see one.

Comment

I'd recommend walking around Lake Harriet in Minneapolis (a short cab ride from downtown). It's kind of the quintessential Minneapolis experience (esp. in the summer). There's always something going on (either at the bandshell or on the water) The houses and neighborhood are pretty spectacular. Maybe rent bikes or have a picnic.

Comment

Originally posted by dhd823 View Post
              I'd recommend walking around Lake Harriet in Minneapolis (a short cab ride from downtown). It's kind of the quintessential Minneapolis experience (esp. in the summer). There's always something going on (either at the bandshell or on the water) The houses and neighborhood are pretty spectacular. Maybe rent bikes or have a picnic.
              That sounds awesome. I will pencil it in for the Saturday that we are up there.

Thanks!

Comment

Here are some recommended places to go before and after a Twins game.

Smalley's 87 seems like a very appropriate place place to get ready for a Twins game!

Here's and interactive things-to-do map courtesy of the Star Tribune.
                Last edited by JohnCropp; 05-09-2010, 09:30 PM.

Comment

You could check out Mill Ruins Park or the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden if the weather is nice. If the weather isn’t nice take a stroll through the Skyways for an interesting experience.
                  What the heck are the Royals doing?
                  Custom Stadium Cups | Personalized Poker Chips

Comment

Yes, you take the skyway, high above the busy little one way, with your stupid hat and gloves....

Or go visit Mr. Whirly at the C C

It'll be summer, so I wouldn't suggest Takin' a Ride to........ BUCK HILL!!!!!!!!

Back to baseball. Go Tigers.
                    smoker

Comment

The skyway will be visited with Mr. Westerberg in mind.

Comment

Nice to see you understood the reference, and didn't think I was implying that YOUR hat and gloves were stupid.

Anyway, I've been to Minneapolis many times, well, exactly three times as an adult, as I have many friends in the area, but it's been nearly a decade since the last time. The only place I'd recommend, and it may not be your thing, is the 7th Street Entry.

Go Tigers.
                        smoker

Comment

For fancier tastes... Bradstreet Crafthouse has the best drinks around. http://bradstreetcrafthouse.com/
                          It's neighbor upstairs Cosmos is my all time favorite restaurant. http://www.cosmosrestaurant.com/
                          112 Eatery is also great and close to the stadium: http://www.112eatery.com/

Comment

Hey, Buch. We are not that fancy, but they do look like great places to eat and drink. If we were bringing more than carryons, we'd probably pack clothes that would get us in!

By the way, Garrison Keillor is reading at the Maplewood Library on our last day there. A trip to the Twin Cities that starts with Mauer and ends with Keillor... who could ask for more!

Comment

Hell's Kitchen.
                              The bowling green deck at Brit's Pub.
                              The Mill City Museum.
                              The Local.
                              ... and the Skyway!

If you haven't been to Minneapolis, GO!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X