Chuck Knoblauch: Share you're

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Knoblauch: Share you're

Chuck Knoblauch. Knobby. Chuck "new kid on" Knoblauch. 1991 ROY and startig second sacked for World Champs. Share your favorite memory of this great player please. Mine? The "fake out" during the third game of the world series hoding the potential go ahead run at second.

The only thing I remember him for was when people were throwing hot dogs at him when NYY came to town a while ago. I'm a bit too young to remember him, but his stats are excellent, and I'm happy he contributed to the '91 World Series victory.
    "Baseball is really fun"~ Joe Dimaggio
    "I really like baseball"~ Babe Ruth
    "Baseball is my favorite sport"~ Pete Rose

Comment

45 doubles in 109 games in 1994.

Comment

Knobby had some slight trouble going to his right. He compensated by playing a little to his right. At the plate his speciality was a poke to right just over the infield; you couldn't throw him a slider low and away.

Comment

Sadly, I remember how much his fielding deteriorated and none of the coaches seemed to know how to help him. Before asking out of Minnesota he seemed to be on a potential Hall of Fame tragectory. Things seemed to fall apart for him in New York, though. By the end of his career, he had become a genuine liability in the field. No matter what he tried, he couldn't play second base any longer for fear that he was going to throw any given ball into the stands.

Comment

I remember he refused an autograph request I sent him

Comment

I remember around 1992 (or so) when I was living in Seattle that he roughed up a kid outside of the Kingdome. Granted the kid was very rude to him, Knoby responded by choking him and shaking him a little. I ended up meeting the same a kid about year later while waiting for the players to come outside of the Kingdome after game. (while getting autos) They apparently made up and seemed to be best buds after the incident. I asked the kid what he got in compensation - and basically he & his dad settled for a personal apology, a jersey and a few signed bats & balls. Crazy stuff. And by the way, Chuck never signed one auto in Seattle (ever again) after that incident.
              WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
                I remember around 1992 (or so) when I was living in Seattle that he roughed up a kid outside of the Kingdome. Granted the kid was very rude to him, Knoby responded by choking him and shaking him a little. I ended up meeting the same a kid about year later while waiting for the players to come outside of the Kingdome after game. (while getting autos) They apparently made up and seemed to be best buds after the incident. I asked the kid what he got in compensation - and basically he & his dad settled for a personal apology, a jersey and a few signed bats & balls. Crazy stuff. And by the way, Chuck never signed one auto in Seattle (ever again) after that incident.
                Yikes, it seems that whole choking thing wasn't an isolated incident. He was later arrested for choking his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
                  Yikes, it seems that whole choking thing wasn't an isolated incident. He was later arrested for choking his wife.
                  Hangin' out in the locker room with Kirby Puckett too long?
                  1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                  The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Never mind.

Comment

I was in the field over in Germany when John Rocker made his ridiculous comments about a certain NYC subway line and the people that rode that line. Huge mistake for that moron, and I am glad I was busy and never heard his comments. Anyway, when we got back to our post and were getting caught up on that Yankees vs Braves World Series talk, a news crew took that line and started interviewing the passengers to see what they thought of Rocker's idiotic comments. One of the passengers was none other than Yankees second-sacker Knoblauch, who admitted he had never had any trouble whatsoever with any of the other people on that particular line and that he took it to the Stadium often.
                      "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

I remember when the Twins started falling apart after being good in the mid-90's (hope they aren't in for a similar decline right now) and Knobbie started hitting for power despite his size. I thought he had to be taking something and he was probably the type that would. But at the time, it seemed like most of the Twins hitters couldn't get it out of the infield so I was happy he was doing whatever he was to be competitive.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X