Fastest Twin of all time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest Twin of all time...

Who, in your opinion is the fastest base runner the Twins have ever had?

guzman, too bad he wasn't a smarter baserunner or could hit at all
    http://peterton.myminicity.com/

Comment

I would say Gomez, simply because of the amount of ground he covered in the outfield. The guy could freakin fly out there and catch things that he had no business getting to. Like placount said with Guzzy, too bad he wasn't a smarter baserunner or better hitter.
      "And the pitch bounced right side a base hit!! Here comes Gomez around third, there'll be no play!!! The Twins have won the Central!!!

sigpic

Comment

The fastest Twins player ever is either Chris John Guzman or Carlos Gomez. Between the two, I would probably say Gomez is faster as he ran a 4.29 40 yard dash and was excellent on the basepaths in the first few months of 2008. Guzman isn't far behind at all though, I remember he had "two bounce" speed; if the ball bounced twice in the infield Guzman would be safe at first.
        "Baseball is really fun"~ Joe Dimaggio
        "I really like baseball"~ Babe Ruth
        "Baseball is my favorite sport"~ Pete Rose

Comment

Gomez. For sure. He would be in my top ten all time.

Comment

I'll say Guzman because in one game I saw him hit two routine grounders to the SS and beat them both out. :bowdown:

Comment

Fast is good on the bases but you also need to be smart. Greg Gagne combined these two elements; he was the best base runner I saw on the team while a fan '78-'95. He drove in the winning run in the '87 Series by beating out an infield single to third. But the funnest one to watch -- in the outfield too -- was Mickey Hatcher! It was always an adventure when he got on.

Comment

I will go out on a limb here and nominate Chuck Knoblauch. I just remember him stealing bases in bundles.

Comment

He may not have been the "fastest", but one of the best base-runners the team has ever had was Rod Carew.

Comment

Dan Gladden
                    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

He never played in a big-league game for the Twins, but Pat Howell had blazing speed.

Howell was a Rule V selection in 1991 and nearly made the club, but they decided to return him to the Mets. He came back in 1993 but played only Triple A that year.

Comment

I'm excited to see Nishioka run the basepaths, I've heard he's got excellent speed.
                        "Baseball is really fun"~ Joe Dimaggio
                        "I really like baseball"~ Babe Ruth
                        "Baseball is my favorite sport"~ Pete Rose

Comment

How about Ben Revere?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X