Shold Kurt Suzuki make the 2014 A.L. All-Star Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shold Kurt Suzuki make the 2014 A.L. All-Star Team

- Kurt Suzuki is having the finest season of his career. He's not the first name that comes to mind when you think about when it comes to all-star catching candidates. He doesn't have much power, but his hitting is fairly timely. His 29 RBI thus far pans out to 65-70 RBI over the course of the season. Entering the season with a .253 career batting average, he's far surpassed expectations by hitting at a .306 clip thus far, which is significantly better than his career-best .279 of 2008. It will be up to the voters and probably the manager and coaches who pick the reserves to decide if Suzuki has done enough to merit his first all-star selection.
    - While we're at recognizing some players who like Suzuki who don' get all the attention they deserve, could we also clear a spot for AJ Pierzynski among the all-star catchers this year. He's having another good season, but AJ has somehow made just two all-star teams in over 15 years, despite being a .285 hitter with nearly 200 career home runs, while catching around 1750 games - he's clearly one of the most durable catchers of the present day.

Derek Norris is playing better than Suzuki, but if Kurt gets a back up catcher's position that's fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
      Derek Norris is playing better than Suzuki, but if Kurt gets a back up catcher's position that's fine with me.
      Kurt's on the all-star team. I hope he gets a chance to play and comes up with a big hit to give the Twins fans something to cheer about.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X