Have you ever noticed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever noticed

Since joining this site and just seeing in every day life how much people hate the yankees. I mean when i am watching a yankees game with people who a'rent yankee fans they cheer when they leave men stranded. I know that when say i watch a Cubs v. mets game I don't cheer when the mets mess up. I was wondering if you guys also realize this and is it because everyone else just jealous because we win sooooooooooo!!!!!! much. Also i have noticed when we lose in the playoffs we are criticed so much. I mean more then one team loses and we can't win every year, come on give us a break we don't make fun of say braves fans for getting knocked out. This thread is for people who also realize this and not for people who are going to come in here and flame away.

thank you,
    56 chmps
    "All I had was natural ability."
    -Mickey Mantle

55 chmps and I are always looking to extend our unbeaten trivia record!

I think you're observations are right. To many, the Yankees are the great villain in baseball, and people always like to root against the villain and see the villain fail.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
      I think you're observations are right. To many, the Yankees are the great villain in baseball, and people always like to root against the villain and see the villain fail.
      ohhh yeees ...that's all right !!!

Comment

I don't really mind it. It all comes with the territory.

Give yourself to the Dark Side

Comment

Nobody boos you if you're not good. That is, unless you play for the team and their fans are booing.

I played pool and if I have the table for 2 hours, people cheer when I'm beaten or miss a ball. It's natural in sports for folks to want someone else to get a turn. The so-called "little guy/gal" can see themselves winning, not just one person.

Hey, if we can return to be Kings of the Mountain, I'll take it. If not, there will be many striving to push us off the top once again!
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

I think that it has to do with the fact that the Yankees are the most succesfull team in MLB. People get jealous about that.

But I think it has also to do with how Yankee fans behave. A lot behave like "We're the best and nobody can beat us". Look at they way they have treated Boston until 2004. You don't make friends with that kind of behaviour.

I think too that the Yankees can not win every year. That is something a lot of Yankee fans don't realise. They want their team to win every year. I have said this before, but that is not good for baseball.

About the criticism: I think it is the mainly the NY press that does so. Look at how they write about players if they don't live up to the expectations...
            Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 01-19-2006, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I do not think it's a fact about being jealous, but the fact the Yankees are view as the evil organizartion in baseball. Of course, the common baseball fan know the only thing questionable they do is pay a lot of money for their players, but I choose not to complain about that fact until and if a system is setup to say they can't pay that much money. Until then, they're welcome to pay whatever amount of money they wish to player to bring him to New York.

It's a funny thing going for baseball. You'll never catch me saying the Yankees actually do suck in a serious conversation, unless they actually do, but during games, as a fan, I like to have fun with ''Yankee Suck'' chant. While I might respect the Yankees for what they have done, I will never like them. Hey, I'm still a Red Sox fan, even though I have a good outlook on baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                Nobody boos you if you're not good. That is, unless you play for the team and their fans are booing.

I played pool and if I have the table for 2 hours, people cheer when I'm beaten or miss a ball. It's natural in sports for folks to want someone else to get a turn. The so-called "little guy/gal" can see themselves winning, not just one person.

Hey, if we can return to be Kings of the Mountain, I'll take it. If not, there will be many striving to push us off the top once again!
                you do make a very good point. But just as a question to you will you cheer this year when the white sox make mistakes considering they are on top??( I am not being an A**hole with this question just to let you know )
                "All I had was natural ability."
                -Mickey Mantle

55 chmps and I are always looking to extend our unbeaten trivia record!

Comment

It is quite simple. The Yankees have a tradition of winning, but "winning" is defined in a special way.

"Winning" means simply winning the WS. Anything else is unacceptable.

Few individuals are willing to acknowledge that few individuals are willing to make the sacrifices in order to win the WS or, as a fan, to live under the constant pressure of having to win the WS.

Fans of other teams resent the fact that the Yankees have such high standards and attempt to achieve those standards. It is easier to be satisified with less and to resent those who are not.
                  Baseball articles you might not like but should read.

Comment

Originally posted by 56 chmps
                    you do make a very good point. But just as a question to you will you cheer this year when the white sox make mistakes considering they are on top??( I am not being an A**hole with this question just to let you know )
                    Despite a WS win, I'd still say that the Southsiders/Pale Hose are still the "little guys", albeit the Little Engine that Could!

Had it been the Braves, Yankees, Cards, then those are teams that have routinely made the playoffs and those are amongst the teams one would expect to win it all, barring any playoff upset. The Diamondbacks, Angels, Marlins, and even the Red Sox (only due to their long streak of never winning the WS, and always losing it in Game 7), aren't seen in the same light by myself, re expectation to win the WS. Some Red Sox fans may disagree with that, but that's just my opinion.

If the White Sox do win again, then they will most definitely not be the "Little Guy" anymore. Instead, they'll not only be a team expected to get into the playoffs every year, but to succeed at it. Therefore, I'd add their name to the "Braves, Cards, Yanks" amongst the playoff elite.

I don't root against any team other than the Red Sox. Some Yankee fans would add the Mets, but other than being our so-called crosstown rivals, they're only responsible for 6 out of 162 of our games. I can't say that most Mets fans I know would feel likewise, as many would like the Yanks to stumble.

To finally answer your question, I don't wish that the ChiSox fail. However, if they stumble while at Yankee Stadium or when hosting the Yanks, I would have no problem with this.
                    Last edited by Mattingly; 01-08-2006, 09:30 AM.
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
                      But I think it has also to do with how Yankee fans behave. A lot behave like "We're the best and nobody can beat us".
                      This was the first thing that occurred to me, sorry to say. There are a lot of classy fans, including the majority here on this forum. But there is also a very prominent group of smug gloaters (at least when things are going the way they want) -- "26 CHAMPIONSHIPS BABY!"

Comment

Originally posted by VIBaseball
                        "26 CHAMPIONSHIPS BABY!"
                        Yep. I like to rub this in to a good friend of mine. He is a Red Sox fan...

Of course I had to hear all 2005 that the Red Sox were better (trailing 3-0 etc.) What goes around, comes around...

Comment

Originally posted by 56 chmps
                          I was wondering if you guys also realize this and is it because everyone else just jealous because we win sooooooooooo!!!!!! much.
                          man do I hate when people say "we", so what year did you play for them?
                          thought so
                          Back to being underdogs

Comment

it might also have to do with the fact that NY is chock full of A-holes, do you think that might be why?
                            I don't hate the players, I hate most of the ignorant yankee fans.
                            I'm not being biased though, because Red Sox fans are A-holes too. Boston fans can really expose you: Celtics game against the Nets, a Celtics fan was holding up a sign for Jason Kidd that said "Wife Beater." haha Oh well, shouldn't hit your wife huh Jason?
                            Back to being underdogs

Comment

Originally posted by yankeekiller34BigPapi
                              it might also have to do with the fact that NY is chock full of A-holes, do you think that might be why?
                              I don't hate the players, I hate most of the ignorant yankee fans.
                              I'm not being biased though, because Red Sox fans are A-holes too. Boston fans can really expose you: Celtics game against the Nets, a Celtics fan was holding up a sign for Jason Kidd that said "Wife Beater." haha Oh well, shouldn't hit your wife huh Jason?
                              Very interesting viewpoint. Now if a Yankee fan came onto the Red Sox forum and spouted the same opinions of Red Sox fans, you wouldn't mind one bit, I suppose?

I find it very interesting how people are so defensive of their "own" forum, yet have no qualms about riling up fans on other forums.

You're a visitor here, so please act accordingly.

As to "we", I've heard many fans of many teams--including the Boston Red Sox--refer to their team in a "we" and "us" fashion. Can't be a team without the fans, so it's up to the individual.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X