A-Rod's best season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Rod's best season?

I think that last year A-Rod had his best season.

He posted his highest BA since 96 at .321

His highest OBP at .421

and his 3rd highest SLG at .610

and Tied for career high in OPS+ 167

I really think A-rod has peaked and although he'd still put up all-star #'s I dont think hes goin to have any more Monster seasons.

Has this season been A-rod's best and if so what can we expect for the remainder of his career?
    "I was pitching one day when my glasses clouded up on me. I took them off to polish them. When I looked up to the plate, I saw Jimmie Foxx. The sight of him terrified me so much that I haven't been able to wear glasses since." - Left Gomez

"(Lou) Gehrig never learned that a ballplayer couldn't be good every day." - Hank Gowdy

Offensively, it may very well have been his finest season, especially when you consider that he put up those numbers as a righty in Yankee Stadium. However, I think he's had better overall seasons, and certainly more valuable seasons when he was a SS.

Comment

2005 was his best year, he was up there in all catagories and played solid defense on a winning team

Comment

Arod had a monster season last year, but I think his 98 season was slightly better.
        G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG TB
        161 686 123 213 35 5 42 124 46 13 45 121 .310 .360 .560 384
        162 605 124 194 29 1 48 130 21 6 91 139 .321 .421 .610 369

The numbers are really close and you could make an argument either way. I like the fact, however, that his walk total for 05 was double that of 98,
        but the 46 swipes and the fact that he did it at SS in 98 may make it more valuable IMO.
        Cheering the Yanks from various parts of Asia

Comment

Originally posted by AVA8
          Arod had a monster season last year, but I think his 98 season was slightly better.
          G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG TB
          161 686 123 213 35 5 42 124 46 13 45 121 .310 .360 .560 384
          162 605 124 194 29 1 48 130 21 6 91 139 .321 .421 .610 369

The numbers are really close and you could make an argument either way. I like the fact, however, that his walk total for 05 was double that of 98,
          but the 46 swipes and the fact that he did it at SS in 98 may make it more valuable IMO.
          personally i think that it doesnt matter what position hes playing when he puts up big numbers...A-rod is an amazing hitter who happened to play ss if he was playing 3rd hed still put up monster numbers...the only reason i can see 98 being a better season is because he went 40-40 not because he was playing shortstop

Comment

Originally posted by mynameisjack1991
            personally i think that it doesnt matter what position hes playing when he puts up big numbers...A-rod is an amazing hitter who happened to play ss if he was playing 3rd hed still put up monster numbers...the only reason i can see 98 being a better season is because he went 40-40 not because he was playing shortstop
            The thing is though that a SS hitting like A-Rod is super valuable. That kind or production is just not traditionally expected out of SS.

Comment

He had a moster year in 2005 and since he will be only 30 in 2006 he may have several more of those in him.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by Myankee4life
                I really think A-rod has peaked and although he'd still put up all-star #'s I dont think hes goin to have any more Monster seasons.
                What do you consider a monster season?

My guess is that A-Rod probably won't out-perform his 2005 in any remaining seasons with the Yankees, but that he will still provide plenty of monster seasons.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X