Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteveNYY View Post
    like everyone here doesnt know that lol

we still have to pay for him its not like we were just given ARod.. other teams werent willing to put up the dollars

Umm...Soriano for ARod?

They are both about the same age...Soriano maybe a year younger.
    ARod is sure HOF who wasn't even 30 at the team.

You tell me? Sounds like a steal to me.

"After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

like everyone here doesnt know that lol

we still have to pay for him its not like we were just given ARod.. other teams werent willing to put up the dollars
      You're post most definately sounded like you didn't know it. lol lol lol
      After an offseason scare with blood clots, Shelley Duncan said yesterday he feels "wonderful -- like a stallion"

Comment

• well i just explained that we still had to put up the money.. are u serious? lol u think arod was just given to the yankees or something? he would have gone to another team if they were willing to put up the dollars

Comment

well i just explained that we still had to put up the money.. are u serious? lol u think arod was just given to the yankees or something? he would have gone to another team if they were willing to put up the dollars
          Mets could have had ARod. They didn't close the deal.
          The Sox could have got ARod they also didn't close the deal.

Cashman worked a great deal when he got Texas to shell out $7M per year on it.

Originally posted by monkey333 View Post
          You're post most definately sounded like you didn't know it. lol lol lol
          lmaooo....sounded like it to me too!
          "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• lol i definitely knew the yankees didnt sign him in FA im not a moron i follow the f'ing yankees

and yea, the mets and sox could have had him... if they would put up the money!!!! if someone offered more money than the yankees theyd have him its as simple as that are u ppl serious

Comment

• How long do you guys think the winnings streak will last???
              Check out my Yankee blog http://questfor27.blogspot.com/

TRIBUTE TO MOOOSE (MIKE MUSSINA)
              ~~~~Thanks for all of the great memories Mike~~~~~
              You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeymussina35 View Post
                How long do you guys think the winnings streak will last???
                Come on man!

That's like asking someone how long do you think your gonna keep this No-Hitter up? You just don't ask that.

Shhhhh :grouchy

'I kid

Realistically, I hope it lasts another 2-3 game.
                As a fan...about 15 games and maybe 17 of the next 20 games.
                (That of course is wishful thinking)

Comment

• They better win tonight's game or I'm going to be very sad. I get to watch them!
                  "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

cause dice-k simply isnt worth as much as we would have had to give him(thats wut the organization thought at least, i disagree).. and how's that zito deal workin out for the giants? not half as good as they expected it to
                    Yeah but why not just throw away that money if it doesn't matter? It would help the team and if money is worthless than it is worth it.
                    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• By the way, how has Zito done this year in the weak National League?

An ERA above 4.00, a 1.28 K/BB, a 4.57 FIP, and a 41% GB%.

Admittedly its still early but do you still think I was crazy for calling him a mediocore pitcher?

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
                        Come on man!

That's like asking someone how long do you think your gonna keep this No-Hitter up? You just don't ask that.

Shhhhh :grouchy

'I kid

Realistically, I hope it lasts another 2-3 game.
                        As a fan...about 15 games and maybe 17 of the next 20 games.
                        (That of course is wishful thinking)
                        I'd say about the same, but God I feel like it's never going to end. They just keep on killing the ball and shutting opponents down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger567 View Post
                          I'd say about the same, but God I feel like it's never going to end. They just keep on killing the ball and shutting opponents down.
                          Now you know how we felt when the Sawx had that ridiculou win streak lkast year for like 15 games

Comment

• Why is Damon playing Center? I mean if anything give Damon the night off...I have a bad feeling about this.
                            "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

• Why take out Moose? That was just the sixth hit over 7.2 innings, 7 Ks no walks?
                              "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

Comment

• I liked that shot of A-Rod telling Joe to stay in the Dugout and let Moose get the next guy out...hopefully he'll let Bruney get the next inning and save the pen to some extent.

EDIT: UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
                                Last edited by ChrisLDuncan; 06-13-2007, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X