Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tying run is on 2nd

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Looks like Jeter is done. U cabn see I just made like 10 consecutive posts so I`ll stop
    Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 04-06-2007, 07:52 PM.
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• If Abreu gets on and qwe shut them down here than A-Rod will get another chance to tie it up.

Comment

• O's pen held up and the O's defeat N.Y. 6-4.

Can't take too much blame on the offense, that won't score 6-10 runs every game. Mussina just pitched very poorly. Henn did very well in relief and the pen pitched well, but it's not enough to make-up for an awful outing by Mussina.

DoubleX, it's irrelevant to me that Yankees start slow as a trend. Different clubs each season that happen. It's like assuming Oakland will start off poorly before taking the division since they start slow, but they tend to have the same team each time that happen while N.Y. ever changing, though 06-07 aren't that different.

Comment

• Not what I whated

Sorry for the Title - Not what I wanted (I can't edit the title)

I am not surprise, Moose did not look good in ST. As for starting out slow (errors, no key hits, poor pitching, injuries) I blame management for not having the team ready opening day.

My 2 dependables (Andy Moose) are 1 no decision 1 loss.

Phil Hughes did great the other night and I think Rasner got hammered in his last ST.

Igawa and Rasner, 1-2, and the one win was a come from behind. (And Dicey looked great)

Clipper
          Last edited by clipper; 04-07-2007, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Oh well I love our bullpen and offense for the past 3 games at least. Our pitching is better than this. The cold weather cannot be helping

Comment

• One small point I don't like is Melky leading off in both games (I think).

One, he had a poor ST. His BA was under .200. He hasn't had a hit (0-7) in both games and his only production was 1 BB. I think 2 SOs. Why????

We have Jeter, Cano, and even Abreu better for this.

I know everybody says it's early, silly to blame Joe, but I don't feel we will win with all these questionable moves. (I really liked Willie Randolph and still can't believe he's managing the Mets. As a Yankee fan this is like a cardinal sin and should never have let this happen.)

I think Cano is doing better than Arod, why not move Arod down and Cano up. Believe me I support Arod (not a boobird) but I want to win all games and I want to see our best decision made.

My 2 cents on the game,

Clipper

Comment

• Originally posted by clipper View Post
                One small point I don't like is Melky leading off in both games (I think).

One, he had a poor ST. His BA was under .200. He hasn't had a hit (0-7) in both games and his only production was 1 BB. I think 2 SOs. Why????

We have Jeter, Cano, and even Abreu better for this.

I know everybody says it's early, silly to blame Joe, but I don't feel we will win with all these questionable moves. (I really liked Willie Randolph and still can't believe he's managing the Mets. As a Yankee fan this is like a cardinal sin and should never have let this happen.)

I think Cano is doing better than Arod, why not move Arod down and Cano up. Believe me I support Arod (not a boobird) but I want to win all games and I want to see our best decision made.

My 2 cents on the game,

Clipper

Couldn't agree with you more about Melky leading off. Cano was like 3-5 on Thursday leading off, so why not leave him there? You gotta love how Cano's been hitting so far. Watching his career has been a real joy thus far because you can see him improve all the time. Now it's looking like he's deliberately taking the first pitch - yesterday there was an AB where it looked like he was walking out of the box before the pitch (a strike) even got to the catcher, a sign that his approach is to not swing at that pitch. His range at 2B seems to be improving as well. When he was a rookie, people were gushing that batting titles could be in his future. I'm starting to believe it (he could take a few more walks though). I said on here when he was a rookie that he appears to put good swings on the ball and makes contact much more often than not (he doesn't strike out much), and that as he adjusts to the Major League game, more of that contact should become hits. That appears to be happening.

I'm not sure yet about bumping A-Rod for Cano. A-Rod hasn't been that bad so far and he has more power than Cano. I would rather see A-Rod bat 3rd as I feel he'd be more comfortable in that spot (didn't he bat 3rd for most of 2005 when he won the MVP?). One possibility could be to bat Abreu 1st and Cano 3rd (in order to keep the lefty/righty/lefty/righty/lefty combo).

Comment

• Was that the real Sean Henn last night?

I thought the guy did a hell of a job. And something I just noticed...that in 3 innings..he didn't have a K yet still pitched nicely.

Props to the guy.

--

And Clipper why would you switch ARod and Cano around?
                  Doesn't make sense if you ask me.

ARod is a better hitter and has better strike zone judgement.
                  "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• Dear Melky,

Go back to the plate approach that got you on this team in the first place. Stop hanging out with Robby if you have to.

Thank you,
                    m333

And no worries for the bullpen, crystal ball calls for a Kei Igawa complete game.
                    After an offseason scare with blood clots, Shelley Duncan said yesterday he feels "wonderful -- like a stallion"

Comment

• The game is going to begin....
                      http://i5.tinypic.com/4hjxp1u.jpg

Let's go Mets!!!!

Comment

• Yeah A-Rod. Nice two run Jack!!! :applaud: :applaud:

Comment

• Igawa, wasn't doing too bad, but the Yankees defence failed again.
                          Melvin Mora popped a ball in no mans land and Dougy, Roby, and Bobby all missed it and a bad rely throw to second base, made the fourth run score 5-2 Orioles!!!!!!!!!!!!! %$#@$%in Jeter!:grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :disbelief:
                          Check out my Yankee blog http://questfor27.blogspot.com/

TRIBUTE TO MOOOSE (MIKE MUSSINA)
                          ~~~~Thanks for all of the great memories Mike~~~~~
                          You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeymussina35 View Post
                            Igawa, wasn't doing too bad, but the Yankees defence failed again.
                            Melvin Mora popped a ball in no mans land and Dougy, Roby, and Bobby all missed it and a bad rely throw to second base, made the fourth run score 5-2 Orioles!!!!!!!!!!!!! %$#@$%in Jeter!:grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :disbelief:
                            The stats say different things. 7 earned runs.

Why doesn't Torre use his bullpen? :grouchy

Isn't this situation why they have invented the long reliever?
                            Last edited by ; 04-07-2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
                              Why doesn't Torre use his bullpen? :grouchy

Isn't this situation why they have invented the long reliever?
                              You want him to kill his pen by the end of the month? Igawa gave up 7 runs, regardless of how they were scored.

At least our guys didn't just keel over or anything. We're down 7-6 so far, so no quit indeed. Mo pitched the top of the 9th.

A-Rod had 2 dingers, is responsible for 1/2 of our runs (2-run jack + run scored).

It's all up to Cano right now, last out in the 9th.
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Cano got a single. Jeter needs his first hit of the game. A single would be nice. HR is perfect, but too Hollywood scripted.
                                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X