No announcement yet.

The Season: 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like Joe Torre wants his job next season...he isn't showing his usual nepotism and he is also using the tools he has properly. Ideally I'd like to see Doug Mientkiewicz off the team in favor of Phelps and Phillips...but that's baseball I guess. Also what's going on with Humberto?
    "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
      It looks like Joe Torre wants his job next season...he isn't showing his usual nepotism and he is also using the tools he has properly. Ideally I'd like to see Doug Mientkiewicz off the team in favor of Phelps and Phillips...but that's baseball I guess. Also what's going on with Humberto?

I believe humberto was just put on the 15 day DL. Thats what I read.

Here:: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/team/...n.jsp?c_id=nyy
      Check out my Yankee blog http://questfor27.blogspot.com/

TRIBUTE TO MOOOSE (MIKE MUSSINA)
      ~~~~Thanks for all of the great memories Mike~~~~~
      You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

Comment

Opening Day Lineup: (FOR SURE)

1) CF Johnny Damon
        2) SS Derek Jeter
        3) RF Bobby Abreu
        4) 3B Alex Rodriguez
        5) DH Jason Giambi
        6) LF Hedeki Matsui
        7) C Jorge Posada
        8) 2B Robinson Cano
        9) ********* 1B JOSH PHELPS!!**********

I was a little suprised with Phelps playing opening day. What do you guys think????

You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

Comment

Alright everyone.

Game #1: Pavano vs Kazmir.

Who will win the game (what team and pitcher) and a prediction of the score!!

I predict Yankees win 5-3 Pavano getting the win!!

Comment

Yay Opening Day is here. The weather has been cloudy and dreary but I am still excited. I hope that the rain holds off until after the game.
            I think that Pavano will be the difference maker for the team this year. We do not know what to expect from him since he is constantly injured. Many people will say that Pavano is a mediocre pitcher since his career winning percentage is around .500. They dont realize that most of the wins/loses came when he pitched for Montreal and Florida (when they were not competitive). He did post 18 wins for the WS winner Marlins in 2003.
            If Pavano stays healthy, I see the offense winning a several games for Pavano. I think that Pavano will win 12-14 games. It will be a great confidence boost for Pavano if he pitches 6 innings and gives up 3-4 runs.

Comment

Great to see Phelps going against the lefty. I think the Yanks will win 6-2 today, and Phelps will have a HR

Comment

Way to start off the season for ARod. (please make up for this)
                But good first inning for Pavano!
                Last edited by Mike27; 04-02-2007, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Well....

I gotta admit....Pavano hasn't imploded yet. He hasn't sprained his buttocks ..yet either.

Looks good so far.
                  "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Also...

I like the High socks look that ARod is sporting!
                    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Another Error, this time by Phelps. We are looking terrible defensively right now.

Comment

You are losing the game!!!

TB 4-3 Yankees

Good luck............
                        http://i5.tinypic.com/4hjxp1u.jpg

Let's go Mets!!!!

Comment

Why was Damon taken out of the game???

I am sitting in class watching the game tracker..............

Comment

ARod steals second and then hustles' home and Giambi's single.

Way to go Alex!

Comment

I just heard M.Kay say that during the Spring....Torre says that "Kyle is my 8th inning guy".

Now I ask, Why? The guy is so inconsistent and he's a head case.
                              You see his stuff and it's great...but he just has too hard a time harnassing it with consistency. Drives me crazy!

Comment

The errors I don't think are a big deal. It's early in the season and their are probably some jitters
                                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X