• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
    Thanks.
    you're welcome
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Well, when I first came in to game action, I was in chem. and saw a 2-1 lead quick on the computer. Then I got home and saw that lead was gone. Fortunately, the Yankees pulled off a win (and a nice one). I will not lie, when Mo came in in the 9th with the Yanks up four, I said, "This is not fair at all."

From the little I saw, Pavano looked OK, he'll get better as the season goes on. I'll watch the encore and see. I do like the high sock look making its way through the clubhouse. A-Rod, Farnsworth, Dougie....

And now we wait 'till Wednesday. h This could be longer than the whole winter.
      He's going to not come back this year, sign with the Red Sox for like 8 dollars and win the Cy Young going 35-0 with an ERA of 0.00
      -Jglaubman of NYYFans.com, on Carl Pavano

J.B. Cox-Heir to the Closer Throne

Comment

im i get really worried when sean henn pitches. i hope he can be really good one day.
        but now it seems like every time he pitches he walks the batter.
        and today when i saw the game. he had imuwara(sry for misspelling) 0-2 then went to 3-2. do u think sean henn will be good one day?
        i really want him to be
        "It's deja vu all over again!"
        -Yogi Berra-

Comment

Is it just me or was that error not an error? I wouldn't charge that as an error...it took some range to get there and it was in foul terrority...if that happened in CF I'd call it an error but not in foul.
          "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX View Post
            That to me exemplified why A-Rod is such a uniquely talented player. He can do pretty much everything well and you can't fault him for lack of hustle. He's always running hard. He can beat you with his bat, or he can manufacture a run like he did the go ahead run today - he smoked a single, stole second, then hustled home.

I also like wearing the socks up. It's extremely early, but with the weight loss, the forthcomingness with the media, and exuding a more confident attitude in general, I have a feeling that this could be a big year for A-Rod (heck, even a bad year for A-Rod is a big year for most anyone else).

Amen brother!
            I see nothing be Big Things and Big ARod numbers!
            Not a down year like 35+HR and 100+RBI...pssh....those numbers are for scrubs!
            "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Originally posted by Waitinfor27 View Post
              Well, when I first came in to game action, I was in chem. and saw a 2-1 lead quick on the computer. Then I got home and saw that lead was gone. Fortunately, the Yankees pulled off a win (and a nice one). I will not lie, when Mo came in in the 9th with the Yanks up four, I said, "This is not fair at all."

From the little I saw, Pavano looked OK, he'll get better as the season goes on. I'll watch the encore and see. I do like the high sock look making its way through the clubhouse. A-Rod, Farnsworth, Dougie....

And now we wait 'till Wednesday. h This could be longer than the whole winter.

I thought Pavano pitched pretty good. I mean we haven't seen the man pitch in almost 2 years!

He pitched pretty good throughout the day, but then he just hit a wall.
              And I believe Bruney allowed an inherited runner to score.
              "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Stellar bullpen work to make up for the short start. St. Mariano is sicknasty good.

Peter Abraham probably wet himself with joy over the A-Rod error. 7-1 Royals in Sauxland.
                After an offseason scare with blood clots, Shelley Duncan said yesterday he feels "wonderful -- like a stallion"

Comment

Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
                  I thought Pavano pitched pretty good. I mean we haven't seen the man pitch in almost 2 years!

He pitched pretty good throughout the day, but then he just hit a wall.
                  And I believe Bruney allowed an inherited runner to score.

He was pitching outstanding untill the 5th when he gave up 3 straight hits. I overall think he could have definitely pitched better!!!!
                  Check out my Yankee blog http://questfor27.blogspot.com/

TRIBUTE TO MOOOSE (MIKE MUSSINA)
                  ~~~~Thanks for all of the great memories Mike~~~~~
                  You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey333 View Post
                    7-1 Royals in Sauxland.
                    Yessssssssssssssssssssssss Sox lost 7-1!!!!!!!!!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
                    Check out my Yankee blog http://questfor27.blogspot.com/

TRIBUTE TO MOOOSE (MIKE MUSSINA)
                    ~~~~Thanks for all of the great memories Mike~~~~~
                    You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymussina35 View Post
                      He was pitching outstanding untill the 5th when he gave up 3 straight hits. I overall think he could have definitely pitched better!!!!
                      Originally posted by mikeymussina35 View Post
                      Yessssssssssssssssssssssss Sox lost 7-1!!!!!!!!!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
                      Well he did better than he did in all of 2006.

Please cut down on the smilies they really get to be an eyesore when you have 3 words in your post and 10 brightly colored smilies.

Also isn't it a little early for scoreboard watching

Comment

Originally posted by tripledup22 View Post
                        im i get really worried when sean henn pitches. i hope he can be really good one day.
                        but now it seems like every time he pitches he walks the batter.
                        and today when i saw the game. he had imuwara(sry for misspelling) 0-2 then went to 3-2. do u think sean henn will be good one day?
                        i really want him to be
                        Yeah, I'm not yet sold on Henn either, but I like him a lot more as a reliever than as a starter. His stuff seemed pretty good this spring, much better than I remember it being in the couple of brief callups he's had in the past two years. So I think with his stuff and his ability to pitch a few innings if needed, he could be a useful lefty out of the bullpen eventually. It takes time though as experience is a big part of improving, so to fully reap the rewards we'll have to be patient first with a lot of these guys that wil be coming up. Being patient with developing talent has not been a hallmark of the Yankees in recent times. But there is hope, Scott Proctor is a good example of this.

Comment

Mashing their way to a win. Still, they handle Kazmir well. Pavano pitched well considering what's happened with him. He'll build stamina as the season goes along and he obtain more starts during the season. If he gives up 4-5 runs during 6-7 inning start, he's going to win a large amount of games this season.

The pen, not shocked, looked good. The Yankees are great, if their rotation can give them 5-7 innings most of the time. You don't want to put stress on the pen too early.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX View Post
                            Yeah, I'm not yet sold on Henn either, but I like him a lot more as a reliever than as a starter. His stuff seemed pretty good this spring, much better than I remember it being in the couple of brief callups he's had in the past two years. So I think with his stuff and his ability to pitch a few innings if needed, he could be a useful lefty out of the bullpen eventually. It takes time though as experience is a big part of improving, so to fully reap the rewards we'll have to be patient first with a lot of these guys that wil be coming up. Being patient with developing talent has not been a hallmark of the Yankees in recent times. But there is hope, Scott Proctor is a good example of this.
                            I like what he did today. It seems as if we were saying almost the same thing about Scott Proctor this time last year (though less positive). You never know. He could be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Evangelion View Post
                              Mashing their way to a win. Still, they handle Kazmir well. Pavano pitched well considering what's happened with him. He'll build stamina as the season goes along and he obtain more starts during the season. If he gives up 4-5 runs during 6-7 inning start, he's going to win a large amount of games this season.

The pen, not shocked, looked good. The Yankees are great, if their rotation can give them 5-7 innings most of the time. You don't want to put stress on the pen too early.
                              It looked a little like a Mets game actually

Comment

Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
                                Also...

I like the High socks look that ARod is sporting!

Hah, i noticed he was looking at his socks before the game. I think he is becoming a bit supertitious. He is finding ways to fight his tough luck.

That first strike out he had had me: O no here we go again.
                                New York Yankees

2009 World Series Champions

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X