Re-Starting BBF Yanks Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Starting BBF Yanks Hall of Fame?

Anyone interested in re-starting the Yanks Hall of Fame voting, or perhaps starting over from scratch under a new format? If so, anyone have any suggestions? I think it was a fun little project, unfortunately we weren't garnering enough votes to really have a good election.

I'm thinking if we re-start from scratch, we'd go to monthly elections.

Originally posted by DoubleX
    Anyone interested in re-starting the Yanks Hall of Fame voting, or perhaps starting over from scratch under a new format? If so, anyone have any suggestions? I think it was a fun little project, unfortunately we weren't garnering enough votes to really have a good election.

I'm thinking if we re-start from scratch, we'd go to monthly elections.
    How would this work? Can you vote for retired players only, or also for players that are still active? Sounds fun to me.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
      How would this work? Can you vote for retired players only, or also for players that are still active? Sounds fun to me.
      Last time, we had elections every two weeks in which members submitted ballots that had 7 players and 3 contributors (i.e. managers, coaches, general managers, owners, broadcasters, etc.).

To be on the players ballot, a player had to have 1) Played for the Yankees; 2) Is retired. Technically, anyone who has ever put on a Yankee uniform for just one game is eligible, but voters should only consider those players that spent a long-period with the Yankees and made great contributions as a Yankees. For example, Johnny Mize is one of the great 1Bman of all-time, but I wouldn't vote for him for the Yankees Hall of Fame based on the few years he spent with the Yanks at very end of his career.

You can actually see the results of our past elections in the Yankees BBF HoF sticky thread in this forum.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X