Coco Crisp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coco Crisp

hey since right now boston is scrambling to make a deal with the indians for crisp after the mota incident do you think we should make a run at him because if we do we can use bernie williams as a back up for the outfield spots then we can use Shefield at DH and him and Matsui can split DH and fielding then crisp can be a moving left right fielder. plus if we get him we could basically keep him from the red sox making the bridge even bigger.

How about no? I'd like to have Crisp but that would mean giving up a big time prospect like Andy Marte. So the Yanks would have to part a top minor leaguer/leaguers for him, and that's something I personally say no way to.
    After an offseason scare with blood clots, Shelley Duncan said yesterday he feels "wonderful -- like a stallion"

Comment

but we have a legitamate shot at being a contendor this year so we should go all out???

Comment

Originally posted by Tinyballer
        but we have a legitamate shot at being a contendor this year so we should go all out???
        umm, you do know that we're talking about the Yankees, right? They've had a legitimate shot at being a contender every season since 1993. I don't think you have to worry about the Yankeees making moves to be a contender. It's pretty much just assumed at this point that they'll spend to get whatever they feel they need.

Comment

hey since right now boston is scrambling to make a deal with the indians for crisp after the mota incident do you think we should make a run at him because if we do we can use bernie williams as a back up for the outfield spots then we can use Shefield at DH and him and Matsui can split DH and fielding then crisp can be a moving left right fielder. plus if we get him we could basically keep him from the red sox making the bridge even bigger.
          First of all, use some points in your scentences. Reading would be much more easy.

Just go after him because Boston is after him? No!

The Yanks should have done this before they went after Damon.

Comment

Keep your paws off Crisp! He's ours.

at least for now...
            CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Originally posted by BoofBonser26
              Keep your paws off Crisp! He's ours.

at least for now...
              I personally hope he stays yours. I really don't understand why mess with a formula that got the team on the cusp of the postseason last year? This is a young team that should only improve, so why not keep it intact and see if you get over that hump this year?

Comment

I think that it would be hilarious if the Yanks ended up getting Crisp!
                ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

by acquiring him i mean that indians completely reject the red sox and go lookin for a place to dump him or somethin not likely but maybe and we happen to be a place plus if we get him we get another speedster on the basepads meaning we could reli scare a pitcher. plus he also a good contact hitter

Comment

by acquiring him i mean that indians completely reject the red sox and go lookin for a place to dump him or somethin not likely but maybe and we happen to be a place plus if we get him we get another speedster on the basepads meaning we could reli scare a pitcher. plus he also a good contact hitter
                    Baxter, you know I don't speak spanish! Again -- in english please.
                    ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                    ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Tinyballer,

I understand what you are saying, but it would make things a little friendlier on the eye and help the conversation if you could put some punctuation marks in your reponses. Thanks.

Comment

The only thing I was pondering about Cavelli "Coco" Crisp (*GOTTA* love that name) is, had the Yanks made a run for him prior to acquiring Damon, who would we have had to trade?

About all teams, from what I've heard, routinely begin the discussions by asking for Wang or Cano. Who in the Yankee farm system would've been requested? Since at the time, the Yanks also were w/o a CFer (unless you count the relatively weak-hitting Bubba Crosby), we too could have been seen as in dire straits.

Other guys that Cleveland might have asked for would be Chacon, Small and likely Crosby. Any other names to add to that list, folks?

As it stands today, with Damon already inked, we've got Bernie backup up in CF (and hopefully LF, which he should've learned to play around 2004), and Bubba backing up in CF/RF. At least our OF bench is covered, so that's a good thing.

Damon has proven he can handle the heat of the AL East, and I'll hope that his skills don't erode.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

We don't have what it takes to acquire Crisp. Marte is one of the best prospects in baseball. Personally, I hope the deal goes through, and the Sox rid themselves of Marte.

Comment

Umm using Bubba Crosby and Aaron Small go get Coco Crips. That'd be great if they accepted it but i really doubt it. Who knows anything happens in yankee land. Aka A-rod and randy johnson. So hard to type english. Plus if Andy Marte is as good as you guyz think then how come red sox got him only for edgar rentaria.

Comment

Umm using Bubba Crosby and Aaron Small go get Coco Crips. That'd be great if they accepted it but i really doubt it. Who knows anything happens in yankee land. Aka A-rod and randy johnson. So hard to type english. Plus if Andy Marte is as good as you guyz think then how come red sox got him only for edgar rentaria.
                              In the case of Bubba Crosby and Aaron Small, those players might offset the need for sending #5 picher Chien-Ming Wang and/or Robinson Cano. To me, both of those individuals would've been more than enough to land Coco Crisp, but the Yanks didn't want to go there.

If sending farmhands Colter Bean, Jason Anderson, Sean Henn, that would be the price to pay, but then again, the Yanks don't wish to do that either.

As to how the Red Sox got him, when you send an overpriced player to a team and pay a large percentage of their salary, then their sending a blue chip prospect is considered the least they could do.

For Alex Rodriguez and Randy Johnson, those are the Boss' toys. He likes toy just like we enjoy winning. Kinda go hand-in-hand, I'd say.

As to typing properly, I'd say to just worry about using proper grammar, periods and a space between sentences.
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X