Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pacewon
    replied
    We'll need our pitching to stay relatively healthy to do it, but the same can be said for the Jays and Sox.

I say yes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have picked the Yankees. Although I am not happy with the addition of Johnny Damon, they have made some good additions.

But as always we will know at the end of the upcoming season. The last couple of years the Mets had made some good additions on paper, but in the end they could not live up to the expectations.

Leave a comment:

• KCGHOST
    replied
    You have to pick the Yanks until one of the pretenders proves they are better.

Leave a comment:

• TonyStarks
    replied
    The Yanks do have a deep lineup but it still pains me they aren't getting younger. The Rotation is a year older which is not good. RJ and Moose had very mediocre seasons and I'm pretty much sold that RJ is running on fumes and his career maybe over. Farnsworth is flakey, or inconsistent if you look at his career...not sure where you got reliable from. Maybe it was from his time in Atlanta and that's not a good sample size. Mazzone could have turned Hideki Irabu into Juan Marichal!

Any break downs in the pitching this year and the Yanks will be the early 90's version of the Rangers...Outslug everyone and pray for the best from your pitching. It isn't a very good combination. The bullpen will be more vital this year than any in the Championship years. I just hope that Dotel comes back fast and is ready...because I'm very concerned with Farnsworth. He's got a rep for being inconsistent and mix that in with Bronx fans and you have a ticking time bomb. I honestly hope he works out or I see Cashman having to eat his contract up in a trade to the NL.

Cashman needs to start grooming pitchers along and giving younger pitchers look. I'm very worried about what the starting 5 will look like and who will be odd man out.

Leave a comment:

• farmsystem
    replied
    Since I'm not an expert at predictions I would have to go with all the division winners from last season. That obviously includes the Yankees. It's great that the Blue Jays acquired some big time talent but they still have to prove it on the field. I always believe in pitching and defense with a decent offense to win consistently. The Yankees were fortunate to get major pitching contributions from unknowns last year to carry them through tough times. The Yankees do not want to test it again this season. I am leary of the Yankees pitching because of age and effectiveness. RJ and Moose are getting up in age. Pavano, Wright and Wang are injury prone. I don't know how the new relievers will be able to handle playing for the Yankees. I certainly hope whoever pitches for the Yankees step up.

Leave a comment:

• Tinyballer
    replied
    Truthfully i think yanks still come out on top and the blue jays and red sox end up in a dog fight. Because robinson cano could explode this year and give us another great bat. Also we will have wang and chacon for a whole season and they might be able to give us 15 win each. Toronto and red sox are pretty even now so it will be a dog fight

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Legend
    started a poll Can they Yankees do it again in '06?

Can they Yankees do it again in '06?

Baltimore Orioles
    3.70%
    Boston Red Sox
    25.93%
    New York Yankees
    55.56%
    Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    7.41%
    Toronto Blue Jays
    7.41%
    I want your thoughts on this. In my opinion there are three teams that will contend for the AL East title. Especially the Blue Jays who have made improvements to become formidable rivals.

The Red Sox have improved thier rotation with beckett. They added crisp in outfield and loretta and lowell in the infield. They still need major improvements in the bullpen.

I would still give it to the Yankees though. With the addition of Damon, they now have the deepest lineup in the league, maybe angels and white sox can compare. Also, i think the rotation will come around this season. And the addition of a reliable guy like farnsworth can make the bullpen much stronger.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X