Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myankee4life
    replied
    I think the Yankees will go all the way to the ALCS but lose in 7 against the W.Sox

Leave a comment:

• Williamsburg2599
    replied
    Originally posted by Brownie31
    Let's see: 1926, 1936, 1956, 1976 & 1996-who copped the AL pennant those years? Yankees of course! Looks good for '06! Also: Brooklyn Dodgers (with Casey Stengel in the outfield) won the NL title in 1916 as did the Mets in 1986 while LA Dodgers won in 1966. Not to mention Giants in 1936 and Dodgers in 1956. Thus: only in 1906 & 1946 were there no current or former NY area teams not winning a pennant. Six of one & half a dozen of the other!-Brownie31
    who cares about the past? so if the soxs won in 1903 and 2004 does that mean theyll win in 2106?

Leave a comment:

• Williamsburg2599
    replied
    ok who r the wise guys who voted for tampa? haha very funny.

Leave a comment:

• hellborn
    replied
    Do you mean, can the Yankees get eliminated early in the playoffs again in '06?
    Yeah, I think so...

(OK, so the Bosox were even worse against the ChiSox...I know)

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied
    Perhaps another subway series?-Brownie31
    Wouldn't be a bad bet this year with all the improvements the Mets made. Still, you gotta play the games.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Legend
    replied
    Evangelion, monkey333

you guys were kidding right?

no offense.

Leave a comment:

• Brownie31
    replied
    Subway?

Perhaps another subway series?-Brownie31

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied
    Let's see: 1926, 1936, 1956, 1976 & 1996-who copped the AL pennant those years? Yankees of course! Looks good for '06! Also: Brooklyn Dodgers (with Casey Stengel in the outfield) won the NL title in 1916 as did the Mets in 1986 while LA Dodgers won in 1966. Not to mention Giants in 1936 and Dodgers in 1956. Thus: only in 1906 & 1946 were there no current or former NY area teams not winning a pennant. Six of one & half a dozen of the other!-Brownie31
    So maybe its the Mets year this year? The Yankees haven't won in an 6th year of an even-numbered decade since 1926.

Leave a comment:

• Brownie31
    replied
    '06

Last edited by Brownie31; 02-20-2006, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied
    Originally posted by Evangelion
    The Red Sox and Blue Jays are a toss up. Blue Jays are just a team on paper at this moment. Saying they're going to win the division or even the Wild Card is strench at this point. I'll wait until they prove they're a team that can fight with Sox and Yankees this year before I'm sold on them. They could just another team that's great on paper and flops during the season like that Met team a few years back.
    Given all the offseason changes and injury questions in the Sox rotation, I think they're just a team on paper right now too. They have new faces at 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, and CF, that's quite an overhaul.

Leave a comment:

• Evangelion
    replied
    Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Who else would beat them? Come on!

Ok, seriously, right now the Yankees have the less number of question marks heading into this season. While their pitching still a question mark, they still have a beast of line-up to make-up for that, somewhat happen last year. They still have the best closer among the three teams that should fight for the division.

The Red Sox and Blue Jays are a toss up. Blue Jays are just a team on paper at this moment. Saying they're going to win the division or even the Wild Card is strench at this point. I'll wait until they prove they're a team that can fight with Sox and Yankees this year before I'm sold on them. They could just another team that's great on paper and flops during the season like that Met team a few years back.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by BasEbaLlKnoItAll
    Ditto. lol Though I wouldnt be too shocked if the Rays finished better than the Orioles.
    I won't be surprised if the Blue Jays will win the pennant...

Leave a comment:

• BasEbaLlKnoItAll
    replied
    Originally posted by christian gentleman
    order of finish

yankees
    blue jays
    red sox
    orioles
    rays

the way i see it, the jays and the sox cancel each other out. the big unit has a big year. chacon and moose and wright are awesome. damon is smooth because he is quite used to playing in the northeast. a-rod dominates. jeter hits 330. we start another run like 1996-2000.
    Ditto. lol Though I wouldnt be too shocked if the Rays finished better than the Orioles.

Leave a comment:

• christian gentleman
    replied
    2006 AL East

order of finish

yankees
    blue jays
    red sox
    orioles
    rays

the way i see it, the jays and the sox cancel each other out. the big unit has a big year. chacon and moose and wright are awesome. damon is smooth because he is quite used to playing in the northeast. a-rod dominates. jeter hits 330. we start another run like 1996-2000.

Leave a comment:

• The Big C
    replied
    I picked the Orioles, but only because I interpreted the question "Who will win the AL East in 2006?" as "Who will suck the most in 2006?". Despite the Blue Jays making lots of improvements, I think it will still come down to the Yanks and Sox.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X