Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Bomber Fan
    replied
    I have the sports pak on DirecTv, which includes the YES network and several other sports stations (MSG, ESPNU, CSTV, NESN, etc.). However, it doesn't include the Yankee games. When the game comes on, YES gets blacked out unless you pay for the MLB package. Even with the package, YES can get blacked out if the MLB package decides to use the other team's broadcast. I find that this happens most often when teams have contracts with the local Fox network, or teams like the Red Sox with NESN or the Rays with the Sunshine Network.

The same thing happens with college basketball. If a station like MSG is carrying a college game, it gets blacked out if the same game is being carried on ESPN Game Plan. If Game Plan isn't carrying the game, the station doesn't get blacked out. I guess that DirecTv is trying to ensure that people don't backdoor the system by paying for individual stations instead of their packages.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by SD Bomber Fan
    I'm not sure if it's the same in the NY area, but for me, YES gets blacked out on DirecTV when the game comes on - unless you have the MLB package.
    How could YES get blacked out on DirecTV? Also, I was under the impression that for "MLB Extra Innings" from the cable/satellite providers, YES wasn't always the channel of choice. I remember when I had this last season, if they played the Red Sox, the Extra Innings would routinely show NESN, rather than YES.

I'd have to check around to see which channelt hat Yankee fans around the country are getting when they view Extra Innings.

Leave a comment:

• SD Bomber Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattingly
    Since a satellite dish is allowed in your building, why not just get DirecTV, which carries YES?
    I'm not sure if it's the same in the NY area, but for me, YES gets blacked out on DirecTV when the game comes on - unless you have the MLB package.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied
    Originally posted by Ontarioguy
    I find it really rediculous that you live in the NYC region but can't catch a Yankees game. If only sports were on network TV all the time like they were back in the day.
    It really is, and to add insult to injury, I learned last night that even if I signed up for the webcasts at MLB.com, Yankees games are still blocked out for subscribers in New York. It's extremely ridiculous.

Anyone know if the YES Network website provides live webcasts of games?

Leave a comment:

• Ontarioguy
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleX
    Actually, often when they are on ESPN, it's blacked out in New York because Yes is broadcasting the game as well and has the local rights. I think all I'm guaranteed is 1 night a week (Fridays games are on channel 9 here in New York), or signing up/paying for for the webcasts, which I might do.
    I find it really rediculous that you live in the NYC region but can't catch a Yankees game. If only sports were on network TV all the time like they were back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    I moved in September and no longer have YES (my cable subscriber here doesn't carry it - I believe we have the Dish Network). It's very, very frustrating.
    Since a satellite dish is allowed in your building, why not just get DirecTV, which carries YES?

Leave a comment:

• SD Bomber Fan
    replied
    I suck it up and pay for the MLB package. They usually carry the YES broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied
    Originally posted by Ontarioguy
    That's rough.

Luckily since your a Yankees fan they do get alot of national exposure so you can catch them often on ESPN.

Also John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman do an excellent job in my opinion. That's how I'll be following the Yankees this year.
    Actually, often when they are on ESPN, it's blacked out in New York because Yes is broadcasting the game as well and has the local rights. I think all I'm guaranteed is 1 night a week (Fridays games are on channel 9 here in New York), or signing up/paying for for the webcasts, which I might do.

Leave a comment:

• Ontarioguy
    replied
    I moved in September and no longer have YES (my cable subscriber here doesn't carry it - I believe we have the Dish Network). It's very, very frustrating.
    That's rough.

Luckily since your a Yankees fan they do get alot of national exposure so you can catch them often on ESPN.

Also John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman do an excellent job in my opinion. That's how I'll be following the Yankees this year.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ontarioguy
    replied
    WCBS is broadcasting 7 Spring Training games.

Saturday, March 4 vs. Cincinnati 1:15pm at Legends Field
    Saturday, March 11 vs. Atlanta 1:15pm at Legends Field
    Sunday, March 19 vs. Cleveland 1:15pm at Legends Field
    Wednesday, March 22 vs. Boston 7:15pm at Legends Field
    Sunday, March 26 vs. Detroit 1:15pm at Legends Field
    Friday, March 31 vs. Arizona 8:40pm at Phoenix
    Saturday, April 1 vs. Arizona 3:10pm at Phoenix

I can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    started a topic Spring Schedule on YES

Spring Schedule on YES