Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pavano Hurting Again?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pavano Hurting Again?

    The NY Daily News is reporting this morning that Carl Pavano, has a sore back and will not throw off a mound again until at least March 1st, and might not be ready to go for opening day. Here's a link.

    All I can say is ugh! I think Pavano was a terrible signing and hearing this kind of news is aggravating, but moreso because it could pave the way for a much worse signing to be in the rotation; namely Jaret Wright. I want to see Wright as far away from the team as possible, but with Pavano hurt, he'll likely get first crack.

    Well, here's to hoping that Aaron Small or someone like the recently acquired Darrell Rasner puts up a strong spring and wins the rotation spot if Pavano can't go by Opening Day.

  • #2
    Man...words cannot express my disgust for Pavano.
    I think that he's just soft.
    A bad manicure or a hang-nail would keep him from a start.


    Arnold would call him a 'Girlie-Man'.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

    Comment


    • #3
      The Pavano-Wright signings were just awful. For some reason the Yankee braintrust felt they needed thse two bozos more than Carlos Beltran.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

      Comment


      • #4
        No more Starting NL Pitchers!!
        "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

        Comment


        • #5
          Remember last off-season when Pavano was one of the biggest free agent pitchers on the market? My, how long ago does that feel now? I'll just have to say is I'm glad the Red Sox didn't end up with Pavano, granted they end up with Clement instead.

          Pavano was a gamble. It didn't pay off. Same goes for Wright so far.

          Also, the Yankees had the chance to trade him. They probably should have dealt him just to get rid of his absurd contract they signed him to.

          Comment


          • #6
            Somehow I felt very positive about Carl Pavano. More than Jared Wright.

            Eventhough I still give him the benefit of the doubt, I get a feeling that he is a big bust, a waste of money.

            During off season he said he wanted to be traded. I wonder if he is making things up.

            Thank goodness we have two young promising pitchers in Wang and Chacon, otherwise dark clouds would be hanging over our head.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank goodness we have two young promising pitchers in Wang and Chacon, otherwise dark clouds would be hanging over our head.
              I still going to stick by my opinion and say Chacon was very good pitcher the Yankees and Cashman literally stolen him from trash heap. Nobody knew about this guy, even most people in NY didn't know who this guy was. Just a reject from Colorado, but we know what Colorado does to pitchers, so I knew once Chacon was out of there, he was going to show his stuff, like he did last season.

              While I hate to see the Yankee players succeed. I really would like Chacon to prove he's no fluke.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Evangelion

                While I hate to see the Yankee players succeed. I really would like Chacon to prove he's no fluke.
                Ev, are you saying that your a Yankee hater?
                "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nope, just a Red Sox fan.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Evangelion
                    Nope, just a Red Sox fan.
                    Same thing!
                    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      While I dislike the Yankees, I can discuss them without allowing my own personal dislike for the Yankees conflicting with facts and my own personal view on the Yankees outside dislike I have for them as Red Sox fan.

                      I don't know if you know what I mean by that last paragraph, but in short, I can carry discussion about Yankee players without ignorantly thinking they suck, because their Yankees. Facts are facts, Yankees usually, if not always, have one of the best teams in the entire MLB. So, saying they suck is almost never true for past ten or so years.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Evangelion
                        While I dislike the Yankees, I can discuss them without allowing my own personal dislike for the Yankees conflicting with facts and my own personal view on the Yankees outside dislike I have for them as Red Sox fan.

                        I don't know if you know what I mean by that last paragraph, but in short, I can carry discussion about Yankee players without ignorantly thinking they suck, because their Yankees. Facts are facts, Yankees usually, if not always, have one of the best teams in the entire MLB. So, saying they suck is almost never true for past ten or so years.
                        Evangelion,

                        I like to think I do the same thing in the Red Sox forum. But as SoxSon brought to my attention recently, the rivalry is so intense and so polarizing, that even the most objective fan of one the two team's, will be hard-pressed to come across as objective to the fans of the other side. I suppose it's just a sensitivity issue.

                        The best you can do is do exactly what you're doing. Post what you see and feel in as polite, intelligent, and as objective a way as possible, and hope that the other fans don't take it wrongly but instead engage in intelligent conversation about the issues. And I think you do a very good job of that and I generally enjoy your input on Yankees/Red Sox. So carry on.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DoubleX
                          Evangelion,

                          I like to think I do the same thing in the Red Sox forum. But as SoxSon brought to my attention recently, the rivalry is so intense and so polarizing, that even the most objective fan of one the two team's, will be hard-pressed to come across as objective to the fans of the other side. I suppose it's just a sensitivity issue.

                          The best you can do is do exactly what you're doing. Post what you see and feel in as polite, intelligent, and as objective a way as possible, and hope that the other fans don't take it wrongly but instead engage in intelligent conversation about the issues. And I think you do a very good job of that and I generally enjoy your input on Yankees/Red Sox. So carry on.

                          DX, do not encourage him.

                          He's riled me up a few times. LOL
                          "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DoubleX
                            Evangelion,

                            I like to think I do the same thing in the Red Sox forum. But as SoxSon brought to my attention recently, the rivalry is so intense and so polarizing, that even the most objective fan of one the two team's, will be hard-pressed to come across as objective to the fans of the other side. I suppose it's just a sensitivity issue.

                            The best you can do is do exactly what you're doing. Post what you see and feel in as polite, intelligent, and as objective a way as possible, and hope that the other fans don't take it wrongly but instead engage in intelligent conversation about the issues. And I think you do a very good job of that and I generally enjoy your input on Yankees/Red Sox. So carry on.
                            That was perfect, XX.
                            "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Pavano is terrible. Bring back Clemens.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X