Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Gardner: Would his career have been as good if he was not a Yankee?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Gardner: Would his career have been as good if he was not a Yankee?

Do you Agree or disagree with the following statement:
    Brett Gardner (now in his 11th year with the NY Yankees) is the type of player who really relishes being a Yankee. He probably wouldn't have had as good a career if he played for any other team.

His pop in the last years probably was helped by YS. he never was really a power hitter but he started to pull the ball more and of course for lefties it is really easy to hit homers. still he was a good defender and very good baserunner in his physical prime and that likely would have played everywhere.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
      His pop in the last years probably was helped by YS. he never was really a power hitter but he started to pull the ball more and of course for lefties it is really easy to hit homers. still he was a good defender and very good baserunner in his physical prime and that likely would have played everywhere.
      Gardner tied for the American league lead in Stolen bases one year, but doesn't show that kind of speed or base running daring these days. I wonder if the Yankees intend to get rid of him in a trade before he can become a 10 & 5 year "(Ron) Santo Clause " player..
      Last edited by philliesfiend55; 04-23-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I believe that the term Santo clause came about because players were given the right to refuse a trade if they had 10 years in the major leagues and the last 5 years with the same team as a result of the brief strike that delayed the start of the 1972 season. Santo became the first player to exercise this right and refuse a trade - hence it came to be known as the Santo clause - plus the term is Cutesy.
        Last edited by philliesfiend55; 04-23-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

He is a free agent next year anyway (team option for 2019).
          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X