Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Korean
    replied
    Yankees do nothing while Astros get Greinke.

is this team ever gonna win a World Series with Cashman doing such a bad job assembling the rotation?

Leave a comment:

• PVNICK
    replied
    I see that the visitor has won 7 of 12 of the wild card games. 6 of the 12 teams have gone on to the LCS. It's not as bad as it looks superficially. No Aaron Judge is a bigger problem

Leave a comment:

• The Korean
    replied
    Yankees might not even get the home field in the Wild Card game now.

This season feels lost.

Leave a comment:

• KenFougere
    replied
    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post

It could be a lot worse, just ask the 1993 SF Giants. 103 wins and didn't even get to play in a playoff game. Or better yet the 1954 Yankees who also won 103 games but did so in a 154 game schedule (equivalent to 108 wins today)

I can't help but feel sorry for a team that battles for six, long, hot and successful months and come to find their pot of gold empty.

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
    Imagine a team playing for 6 long months, winning over 100 games and being eliminated in a single game, Wild Card Series.
    ​​​
    It could be a lot worse, just ask the 1993 SF Giants. 103 wins and didn't even get to play in a playoff game. Or better yet the 1954 Yankees who also won 103 games but did so in a 154 game schedule (equivalent to 108 wins today)
    Last edited by GiambiJuice; 07-10-2018, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KenFougere
    replied
    Originally posted by epaddon View Post
    Sonny Gray is a human sulfur factory. There has been no Yankee starter this bad since Kei Igawa.
    Watching his last two starts, I feel your pain. And I'm a Sox fan! -

Leave a comment:

• epaddon
    replied
    Sonny Gray is a human sulfur factory. There has been no Yankee starter this bad since Kei Igawa.

Leave a comment:

• epaddon
    replied
    This is the reason why I am in favor of eliminating divisional play and going to a seeded format for the postseason. You can still have five teams and a single elimination game, but henceforth it would be between #4 and #5. The advantage for #1 is that #2 and #3 have to start their series the same day as the 4-5 one game playoff and thus #1 gets a benefit of being able to get an extra day off (and thus have their rotation more aligned) while their opponent automatically won't have their best available.

A division title has no more meaning IMO. Time to let the teams with the best records have the better chances to face each other for LCS.

Leave a comment:

• KenFougere
    replied
    This is one of the best AL East races I can remember. There could be 3 100W AL teams.
    Imagine a team playing for 6 long months, winning over 100 games and being eliminated in a single game, Wild Card Series.

East.png ​​​
    Last edited by KenFougere; 07-07-2018, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• morpheus1776
    replied
    I'm concerned about Gary Sanchez behind the plate. I really do not trust him there. He needs to be re-trained in the basics of receiving the ball from a pitcher. His passed balls rate has been terrible. An although wild pitches are credited to the pitcher, there were more than a few that he could have stopped had he moved his legs rather than trying to simply glove the ball. With pitchers like Tanaka and Houdini who use the lower half of the plate, Sanchez needs to up his game in this area. No pitcher is going to trust him with a throw in the dirt when a runner is on third. I remember Girardi mentioning this and I did not truly take that much notice. Looking at this year, it is pretty obvious that he (Sanchez) does not perceive his catching duties to be important.

Leave a comment:

• epaddon
    replied
    This team is starting to exude a kind of 1998 vibe the way they keep finding different ways to win and the way different people rise to the forefront!

Leave a comment:

• epaddon
    replied
    He didn't miss a start, he pitched on Friday against the Indians and threw six shutout innings (the bullpen blew his lead though they pulled out the win in the 9th).

Leave a comment:

• philliesfiend55
    replied
    It looks like CC Sabathia has missed a start (Last start 4/29). Is there an injury or health problem with CC?

Leave a comment:

• epaddon
    replied
    After tonight, the idea of benching Miguel Andujar, let alone demoting him for Brandon Drury seems absurd. Andujar has clearly won the job and Drury should be used as a trading chip to get a pitcher later this year.

Leave a comment:

• morpheus1776
    replied
    CC Sabathia has reinvented himself. That fastball no longer hits mid 90s so he uses the entire plate, changes speeds and keeps hitters off balance. He is now truly a "pitcher" in my eyes.

I really like Ronald Torreyes. Chances are he will never make an all-star game, win a batting title or any individual award. However he is just so likeable. He plays hard, does not take things for granted and appreciates the time spent on the field. One cannot help but root for players like him. With Andujar, Torres and Didi, he is the odd man out; I just hope he sticks with the team and can continue to get playing time.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X