Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you help identify this NYY jersey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RenesisXI
    started a topic Could you help identify this NYY jersey?

Could you help identify this NYY jersey?

Hi all, so my father bought a NYY baseball jersey when he was about 20 (now 51) when he visited the US, Ive been trying to find out some more info about it but i have come up short. I dont want to sell it or anything but im curious to know if it has any value to it or if it is even original.

Thanks!

• morpheus1776
    replied
    Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

If I had to guess, and it’s just a guess, I would believe it’s counterfeit. The company name on tag seems off also and never heard of that company. Ask him if he bought it on the street from a vendor or at a store. Off a vendor on the street? Probably fake.
    Back in the 80s, teams could designate whatever company it wanted to have their jerseys made. It was not until recently that one specific company created jerseys for all major league teams. With that said, I too have never heard of the USA Sports Bureau. It could be that the company has since closed. Moreover, the #36 as SteveJRogers mentioned was not a hot number back in the 80s, unless it was a retro jersey using Johnny Mize's number as a Yankee.....although Mize's career was at an end when he played for them.

Leave a comment:

• SteveJRogers
    replied
    FWIW “36” doesn’t seem to have been a “hot” number back in the late 1980s...unless someone saw bringing in Richard Dotson would be a big merch moving deal!

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Originally posted by RenesisXI View Post
    Can anyone chip in? Dont be shy.
    If I had to guess, and it’s just a guess, I would believe it’s counterfeit. The company name on tag seems off also and never heard of that company. Ask him if he bought it on the street from a vendor or at a store. Off a vendor on the street? Probably fake.

Leave a comment:

• RenesisXI
    replied
    Can anyone chip in? Dont be shy.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X