Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple friends and I started a blog about a week ago.

evilempire20.com we're also on twitter www.twitter.com/evilempire20

Check it out!
    Evil Empire 2.0: The Next Generation of Yankees Baseball

Comment

thanks for this comprehensive list

Comment

Check Out TheChuckKnoblog.com for funny and insightful Yankee News!
        Check out my blog

The Chuck Knoblog

Comment

I'll throw mine out there (again) ... It's Sliding Into Home: A Yankees Blog.

.... By the way, I could use a writer or two. If you'd like to write for Sliding Into Home please email me at [email protected].
          Last edited by Yankees 9782; 05-24-2009, 10:19 PM.
          Sliding Into Home: A Yankees Blog

Comment

Here's mine:
            The Voice of Yankees Universe: http://nyyankeesrumors.com/

Comment

There are so many great websites out there about the Yankees! But so may all have the same thing...stats, stats, and more stats.....To each his own......and enjoy them all!
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              Brad's Ultimate New York Yankees Website

website - www.HistoryOfTheYankees.com
              blog - http://historyoftheyankees.blogspot.com/

Comment

http://www.yankeerollcall.com/ update

Yankee Roll Call - Veteran's Day Special

Friday, 12 November 2010 08:23
                Veterans Day Special. "Live" from American Legion Post #162, Joe and Paul spend the day with America's Veterans. Guests include: Commander Eddie Cruz, former Ft. Lauderdale Yankee Stadium caretaker, Eddie Miller, Pearl Harbor Survivor, Eddie Hammond, Co-Chairman of the the Committee to Commemorate Babe Ruth, Tim Reid, and Entertainer Ronnie Davis. Happy Veteran's Day.

CLICK HERE to LISTEN to the Podcast or Download!

Welcome to the Yankee Roll Call Podcast!

The Yankee greats of the past and present have a new home, on Yankee Roll Call with Joe Castello and Paul Bauer.

Yankee Roll Call is a weekly podcast show dedicated to the hardcore Yankee fan. It started as a small underground gathering of Yankee die hards, who would meet to discuss the topics of the day, pertaining to the greatest franchise in the history of sports.

Comment

I've updated to the original post, links to the Minor League teams and some of the local newspapers.
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Though it's not a website, I couldn't figure where else to put it. However, I do believe that it's of significance re the Simon & Garfunkel song, Mrs. Robinson:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/03/09/op...superstar.html
                    The Silent Superstar

By Paul Simon
                    Published: March 09, 1999

My opinions regarding the baseball legend Joe DiMaggio would be of no particular interest to the general public were it not for the fact that 30 years ago I wrote the song ''Mrs. Robinson,'' whose lyric ''Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you'' alluded to and in turn probably enhanced DiMaggio's stature in the American iconographic landscape.

A few years after ''Mrs. Robinson'' rose to No. 1 on the pop charts, I found myself dining at an Italian restaurant where DiMaggio was seated with a party of friends. I'd heard a rumor that he was upset with the song and had considered a lawsuit, so it was with some trepidation that I walked over and introduced myself as its composer. I needn't have worried: he was perfectly cordial and invited me to sit down, whereupon we immediately fell into conversation about the only subject we had in common.

''What I don't understand,'' he said, ''is why you ask where I've gone. I just did a Mr. Coffee commercial, I'm a spokesman for the Bowery Savings Bank and I haven't gone anywhere.''
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

I've added Bernie's website to this (the first post on this thread).

Comment

the site states they started in 2005 but i swear i saw it as far back as 2003...

Comment

Originally posted by gibrilj View Post
                          the site states they started in 2005 but i swear i saw it as far back as 2003...
                          What site?
                          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Jorge Posada's name has been added.

EDIT:

I've also cleaned up some of the names for consistency purposes.

I'm going to try adding in a few names here:

Red Ruffing
                            Dave Winfield
                            Ken Griffey, Sr
                            "Goose" Gossage
                            Rickey Henderson
                            "Sparky" Lyle
                            Reggie Jackson

I'm strongly considering adding in Boss George and prior owners. Joe Torre's name should be in there as well, since he went into Cooperstown due to his 12 years in the Bronx, and George's sons are now retiring #6 for him (as opposed to for 2Bman, Tony "Poosh 'Em Up" Lazzeri, from the great Ruth/Gehrig years).

Any suggestions for others?
                            Last edited by Mattingly; 05-11-2014, 04:28 AM.

Comment

I haven't updated this in awhile. A few sites from the great athlete and Yankee SS, Derek Jeter:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/about/

http://derekjeter.mlb.com/players/jeter_derek/index.jsp

Comment

The Captain Derek Jeter's name has been added to the list.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X