Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new chant

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • new chant

    so how many people will join in the chant of 18 and ONE 18 and ONE

    the next time the yanks face boston

  • #2
    Originally posted by fgold68 View Post
    so how many people will join in the chant of 18 and ONE 18 and ONE

    the next time the yanks face boston
    What does it have to do with baseball? :noidea So keep it baseball related.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
      What does it have to do with baseball? :noidea So keep it baseball related.
      you are kidding right??? have a little fun you might like it.

      this is kind of like a "yankees suck" chant breaking out at a parade for the last patriots super bowl victory parade

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fgold68 View Post
        you are kidding right??? have a little fun you might like it.

        this is kind of like a "yankees suck" chant breaking out at a parade for the last patriots super bowl victory parade
        I thought that was stupid, It's a different sport. I said then I doubt if I Giants won that we would hear a "RedSox suck" Chant at there vitory Parade. I am hope I am right! If they start the 18-1 chant at the stadium, Yankee fans are just going to look stupid! Besides I think Yankee fans can think of something more imaginative to chant!
        39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
        2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

        :bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
          I thought that was stupid, It's a different sport. I said then I doubt if I Giants won that we would hear a "RedSox suck" Chant at there vitory Parade. I am hope I am right! If they start the 18-1 chant at the stadium, Yankee fans are just going to look stupid! Besides I think Yankee fans can think of something more imaginative to chant!
          oh well maybe I am the one wrong but I thought it was funny esp when it broke out after the game last night.

          I think of it as just a boston/NY thing I do agree i hope they don't chant redsox suck but 18 and ONE I kind of like

          Comment


          • #6
            We aren't Red Sox fans, that's the type of lame stuff that they do. Be happy with your own team's accomplishments.
            "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

            "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah, that will get those World Series Champs good!
              Last edited by Westlake; 02-04-2008, 03:02 PM.
              Originally posted by Domenic
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by fgold68 View Post
                you are kidding right??? have a little fun you might like it.

                this is kind of like a "yankees suck" chant breaking out at a parade for the last patriots super bowl victory parade
                Actually I am not.

                I am not fond of football, in fact I think it is one of the worst sport next to soccer.

                Just like a Yankees suck chant has nothing to do with football, an anti Patriots chant has nothing to do with baseball. And therefore I would like to keep both sports separated (although that is a bit difficult in some cases (Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders)).

                And yes I know that I have made fun of the Pats earlier today in the Bitter Rivals Thread. But that is only to silence the "bragging" Boston fans on this forum.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are you guys still bitter about losing out on the right to chant "1918" at us?

                  In case you've forgotten, the Giants were 13-6, counting your playoff wins. So as flush as you deserve to be from your superbowl win, that one's pretty shallow, hollow and easy to counter.

                  For the record, I'm one Sox fan who winces at "Yankees Suck!" unless something's happening on the field that deserves it, such as the latest Yankee pitcher to throw at Youk. It was what, like 5 for the season? At least one each from Wang, Proctor, Joba and Clemens anyway. Couldn't ya at least pick a different target? I mean, what IS it with baseball today? First you've got Yankees stoning Jews now we've got an ump having a run-in with the KKK? What is this?

                  *tongue firmly planted in cheek*
                  Last edited by Imgran; 02-04-2008, 03:36 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fgold68 View Post
                    so how many people will join in the chant of 18 and ONE 18 and ONE

                    the next time the yanks face boston
                    I am not sure why everyone is so against this idea, I actually think it's awesome and will definitely be chanting this when I go to a Red Sox/Yankees game this year!! :cap:
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Imgran View Post
                      Are you guys still bitter about losing out on the right to chant "1918" at us?
                      Yes, yes I am.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                        Yes, yes I am.
                        Alright then, feel free to throw rotten tomatoes at the Pats for having a better overall record than the Giants managed. We're big boys, we can take it.

                        BTW -- I loved it when the Sox threw the last chant into the Yankee fans' teeth.

                        So I say again: "Who's Your Papi?"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I for one have been a giant fan since about 1980. I rooted for them in each playoff game but didn't give them a shot against any except tampa.

                          and I told everyone I really hope the giants play well but if they lost I would not be upset because I wouldn't mind seeing history made.

                          I am not a patriot hater, they are a pretty easy team for me to root for and I always like bill B since his days with the giants.

                          I just thought it was a funny thing to do

                          I have no problem saying the pats are a more talented team and were the best team in the league this year BUT the giants won the playoffs they earned the title

                          it was a great game AND I watched it at work while being paid OT that makes it even better

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Imgran View Post
                            For the record, I'm one Sox fan who winces at "Yankees Suck!" unless something's happening on the field that deserves it, such as the latest Yankee pitcher to throw at Youk. It was what, like 5 for the season? At least one each from Wang, Proctor, Joba and Clemens anyway. Couldn't ya at least pick a different target? I mean, what IS it with baseball today? First you've got Yankees stoning Jews now we've got an ump having a run-in with the KKK? What is this?
                            I am willing to bet that you have plenty of experience with that organization up in Boston.
                            "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

                            "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What it would have sounded like if the Pats won:

                              http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2008/...d-if-pats.html


                              Point being, we can't do the same thing. If I go to the Stadium and I hear an "18-1" chant (unless some idiot wears a Pats shirt to the Stadium) I will bitchslap the fan who starts it.
                              Last edited by ChrisLDuncan; 02-04-2008, 04:12 PM.
                              "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

                              "I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X