• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tino Martinez will be the Yankees Speacial Instructor

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10623867

Check Out the link.
    Quest for 27
    Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

It's cool to know that he'll be with the team throughout the season. Also it seems that Shelley Duncan really wants the position IMO. It would also seem like the Yankees are kind of leaning towards Shelley. I think if Shelley could get a consistent swing he'll have more than enough power to slug like 25-30 HR a year. I also hope he takes the good advice given to him from Tino.
    The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeefan90 View Post
      It's cool to know that he'll be with the team throughout the season. Also it seems that Shelley Duncan really wants the position IMO. It would also seem like the Yankees are kind of leaning towards Shelley. I think if Shelley could get a consistent swing he'll have more than enough power to slug like 25-30 HR a year. I also hope he takes the good advice given to him from Tino.
      I agree. Its great to have Tino. Hey, just thought of something, Tino at first!
      Quest for 27
      Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Comment

I also think it is a good thing to have Tino around. He has quite some experience to tudor the younger guys.

Good move!

Comment

I think that putting back one of the key forces from the championship years could get that certain drive, determination, willingness to push those runs across into the new kids.

If he can teach defensive skills, I'm all for it. He's always been very pro-Yankee, and even when Giambi came aboard, he refused to accept any offers until after Giambi was signed, which is unheard of these days. Even when he was with the D-Rays, he was interviewed and said he'd play Boston really hard for us. The man just loves those Yankee pinstripes, he loves the team. #24 deserves to be on the Yankee payroll in one capacity or another!
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X