Cano's Contract Breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cano's Contract Breakdown

The Robinson Cano contract is official. Here's the breakdown -- he's guaranteed at least $30-million, but could get up to $57-million out of it.

He'll make $3-million in 2008, $6-million in 2009, $9-million in 2010, $10-million in 2011. After that, the Yankees hold a team option for $14-million for 2012, with a $2-million buyout. If they pick up that option, they then hold a team option for $15-million for 2013, with a $2-million buyout.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

I speak to him quite often as he uses my bats. He is a very nice guy. BTW his english is perfect which is quite surprising.
    If i was offered decent odds, I'll bet he will make it to the hall of fame one day.

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
      I speak to him quite often as he uses my bats. He is a very nice guy. BTW his english is perfect which is quite surprising.
      If i was offered decent odds, I'll bet he will make it to the hall of fame one day.
      A little early for that but I do think he`ll be a good player in the future as he is now
      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
        If Cano can help lead his team to pennants and WS rings, he will then be a trully great player.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X