the bronx is burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the bronx is burning

impossible to get a dvd of this series in the uk and we have the pal format as opposed to nstc or whatever is called...unless you know how to bittorrent, convert to divx and write to dvd and so on. ahem. anyway, i know a man who can.

watched the entire series and thought it was mixed. some dodgy acting but interesting history. really enjoyed it, especially the footage of the 77 world series and the use of real film. beacuse i am not as smart as i like to think i am, my wife pointed out that reggie jackson was number 44...and the serial killer was called the 44 killer. it came as a surprise to me that i could be so dumb as to not make the connection.

i thought the navy felt jacket billy martin wore at games is about as cool an item of clothing as i have seen. i am prepared to pay what it takes to get one of those. perhaps it's a mitchell and ness job?
    stands on shifting sands...

Originally posted by mjrennie View Post
    impossible to get a dvd of this series in the uk and we have the pal format as opposed to nstc or whatever is called...unless you know how to bittorrent, convert to divx and write to dvd and so on. ahem. anyway, i know a man who can.

watched the entire series and thought it was mixed. some dodgy acting but interesting history. really enjoyed it, especially the footage of the 77 world series and the use of real film. beacuse i am not as smart as i like to think i am, my wife pointed out that reggie jackson was number 44...and the serial killer was called the 44 killer. it came as a surprise to me that i could be so dumb as to not make the connection.

i thought the navy felt jacket billy martin wore at games is about as cool an item of clothing as i have seen. i am prepared to pay what it takes to get one of those. perhaps it's a mitchell and ness job?
    Yes, I am prety sure you get the Jacket they wore in the 70's from Mitchell & Ness but it will cost ALOT!!! I don't think it's felt though. I actually had one of those when I was a kid and loved it!! My Dad know someone who knew someone who worked for the Yankees and got tons of Yankees stuff this was before you could really get stuff like that in stores. My dad actually gave his jacket to my uncle wo lives in England!! Mitchell & Ness is the only place I know that still makes them like that and they are real expensive, but ,aybe cheaper for you because of the goddam weak American Dollar!!
    39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
    2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Originally posted by mjrennie View Post

You can buy the series overthere.

If you go to Google and enter the brand name, the type of your DVD player and add area code, I bet you will find a description how to remove this area code. Piece of cake.

I bought the DVD about the 100th Anniversary of the Yankees. I was able to lift the area code of my DVD player too.

Good luck.

Comment

our definitions of a lot may differ...true, the strong pound makes things about half price for us, but then remember that we live in rip-off britain where everything is more expensive to start with ie the dollar price and staerling price do not compare. eg, 100 pound jacket is a 70 dollar jacket in the us. that's about 40 quid then. nice!. we noticed, even before exchange rate adjustments, that stuff was much cheaper in america. we went to woodbury common and were actually laughing at the bargains. factor in the exchange rate and we were having a great time.

Comment

If our financial system collapses before your visit, it might be hard to find bargains...unless you get your hands on a firearm and start looting!
          "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn View Post
            If our financial system collapses before your visit, it might be hard to find bargains...unless you get your hands on a firearm and start looting!
            is it that bad? i know about the sub prime stuff and the monetary issues, but collapse is not on is it?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X