This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hartman74 View Post
    I am an out of towner looking to visit Yankee Stadium in July.
    Are Yankee tickets easily available for weeknight games. Does Yankee Stadium sellout during the week.
    My July 21-23 vs. Minnesota Twins
    or July 28-30 vs. Baltimore Orioles

Looking for feedback from Yankee fans
    How much were you willing to spend on tickets, and for how many tickets to each game? You're talking for games to all 3 tickets, correct?

Check the main Yankee ticket site, including ticket specials, which are mostly during the week. Under the Coca-Cola deal, July 23rd, 28th and 30th are on their schedule.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

finally getting to the stadium

Well, it's only taken me 36 years, but I'm finally getting to the stadium. Got tickets for the Jun 20th game against the Reds. Couple Questions.

I'm doing a day trip from NH. Taking a bus from my town to Boston, then hopping another to NYC dropping us off at port authority if I remember correctly. From the other posts, I'm guessing it would be easiest to take the subway from there? Will I have to transfer at somepoint? Or is it a straight shot ? I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get from point a to point b. I'd like to have a chance to get into monument park while I"m there.

Secondly, Its a night game, my bus home leaves from port authority at 12:30 am. If the games goes the norm 3 - 3 1/2 hours will that leave me enough time to get back to port authority, If I stay for the last out? Or should I take off in the 8th inning. I'd really like to stay if at all possible.

Really looking forward to the trip. I've been wanting to get to the stadium Since i was 5, talked about it forever but never seemed to have the $ or time. So its like a dream come true. Living in New England (about an hour north of Boston) I get a lot of crap from the Sox Fans for being a Die hard Yanks fan, (Including my wife!) But its worth it.

Hope nobody minds, but I wanted to show off my Tacoma

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Subway: from the Port Authority Bus Terminal, take any uptown 8th Avenue train, whichever one comes first.
        • If the A or C train comes first, take that to 59th Street.
        • If the E train comes first, take that to 7th Avenue.

Once you get to the desired station, transfer to an uptown B or D train. (The B and D stops at both 7th Avenue and 59th Street.) The B or D will take you to the 161st Street station (Yankee Stadium).

Can't help you with the travel times since when I go there I'm coming from a different direction.

Monument Park: Monument Park closes 45 minutes before the start of the game, which in your case (since this a night game) means 6.15pm. Gates open at 5.00pm so you may want to consider getting there as soon as possible. Enter the Stadium via Gate 2, which is on 161st Street near the subway, it's the closest to Monument Park.
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

thanks Gary. Doesn't sound too bad. I appreciate the info!

Comment

Hey guys whats some good places around Yankee Stadium for eats and hanging out and such? I've seen in some pictures theres a strip along side the Stadium on River is it? That has some cool little Yankee shops and Yankee pubs and such, is that the only strip like that around the Stadium? And if so which places are the best to grab a bite and best places to shop along that strip?

Also, I know this isn't the right forum for this question but you guys seem to know your NYC stuff...is there any such area around Shea stadium too? I've seen the row of chop shops and such is that all there is around Shea/Citi Field? And is that all thats going to be there?
            Last edited by GreekGuy87; 06-09-2008, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreekGuy87 View Post
              Hey guys whats some good places around Yankee Stadium for eats and hanging out and such? I've seen in some pictures theres a strip along side the Stadium on River is it? That has some cool little Yankee shops and Yankee pubs and such, is that the only strip like that around the Stadium? And if so which places are the best to grab a bite and best places to shop along that strip?

Also, I know this isn't the right forum for this question but you guys seem to know your NYC stuff...is there any such area around Shea stadium too? I've seen the row of chop shops and such is that all there is around Shea/Citi Field? And is that all thats going to be there?
              You may need to check the Mets forum for Queens sports, but they're in Flushing, Queens, a Korean area, so you may be able to get some good Korean food down there.

Here are some spots across the street from Yankee Stadium, by the D train:

McDonald's
              65 E 161st St
              (718) 590-1990

Yankees Eatery
              844 River Ave
              (718) 402-2760

Stan's Sportsworld (memorabilia)
              850 River Ave
              (718) 665-9360

Stan's Sports Bar
              836 River Ave
              (718) 993-5548
              Last edited by Mattingly; 06-09-2008, 10:59 AM.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Sadly, Shea doesn't have the kind of "community" Yankee Stadium has. The area immediately to the west of Shea, Corona, is Latino, and downtown Flushing (the last stop on the #7 train) is Asian; as far as I know there are no places that specifically cater to Mets fans the way the stores on River Avenue do for Yankee fans.
                X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

On my last trip to NYC, I stayed across the river/canal from Shea in a fairly vibrant Asian neighborhood (Queens Chinatown??). Had a great dinner at Joe's Shanghai, which I have also visited in Chinatown...my Taiwanese buddy loves that place, and I do, too. It's not especially close to Shea, but is easily walkable. My experience is that the area immediately around Shea may have been worse than that around Yankee, especially when we didn't know where we were going and walked through areas where we felt very uncomfortable (felt like we were being followed a few times, maybe just paranoid).
                  My buddy also introduced me to Chinese bakeries in that area where pretty young ladies gathered up the pastries for you with a big smile...kind of like a hostess, I guess. Never saw anything like that in Chicago's Chinatown...maybe they're in SF, too?? Made our breakfasts more fun...
                  "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'm going to check out some of those places. Probably going to end up spending all of my money on that Yankees strip

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'm going to check out some of those places. Probably going to end up spending all of my money on that Yankees strip
                      Ya better save some for $8 beer and $5 hot dogs!
                      sigpic

Comment

Loge Box

Hey guys.

I browsed the "visiting" section and couldn't really find much w/ regard to seating.

I've got a choice between Loge Box 493 and 541 w/ 541 being about $30/ticket cheaper.

What do you guys suggest?

And is "Row A" Loge Box truly the front row? I bought some "Row A" tickets when I visited Shea earlier this year and we were actually on the 2nd row.

Comment

Im going there in a week from tomorrow, whats the best place for autographs I plan on getting there really early, I will be wearing my Josh Beckett Red Sox WS jersey so Im gonna go for the Twins players autograph, any suggestions?
                          http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=73593

Comment

Originally posted by bigpapidh View Post
                            Im going there in a week from tomorrow, whats the best place for autographs I plan on getting there really early, I will be wearing my Josh Beckett Red Sox WS jersey so Im gonna go for the Twins players autograph, any suggestions?
                            Unless you've got field box tickets, you're unlikely to be able to get close enough to get autographs in the stadium. Maybe if you get there really early, they'll let you get up close like they used to, but somehow I doubt it. If they do let you though, get there early and you might be able to get something while the Twins take BP (the Yankees do not normally take BP in front of the fans at home).

Otherwise, your best bet is probably to hang out by the players entrance. I've never done that so I can't speak to how successful that will be.

Comment

Seating HELP!!!

Hello everyone, looking for some help with ticket information. I have bought Yankees tickets Loge Box 469 row A. Are these seats in the first row right on the railing???

If anyone has any pictures from this spot or something similar it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cwat View Post
                                Hello everyone, looking for some help with ticket information. I have bought Yankees tickets Loge Box 469 row A. Are these seats in the first row right on the railing???

If anyone has any pictures from this spot or something similar it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                                I haven't sat in the loge in years, but in many areas of the stadium, the first two rows are both Row A. My guess is that there is only one Row A in the loge, but I can't say that with any confidence. Regardless, you shouldn't be further back then the second row and your seats seem pretty good.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X